Re: [lexington] Re: fire in Lexingon Center

  • David Kluchman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
      Harry, I lived in the building for a couple years (as did my son Collin who
      is helping out LexMedia with the football coverage today btw). I was just
      sick to see the building on fire. To see so many former building-mates
      outside looking at the devastation and to see the wreckage caused not only
      by the fire but by its attempted abatement on the site of my former home was
      heart wrenching. It is such a marvelous architectural landmark, the thought
      of its loss makes me very sad. I hope there is a way to salvage and restore
      it.

      I have some pre-fire photos if you don't have any others.

      On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Harry Forsdick <forsdick@...> wrote:

      > I just came back from the Hancock School Condo fire and filmed the scene
      > along with interviews with 4 or 5 Town Officials. I am currently editing
      > the footage, and plan on putting it on several of the LexMedia channels
      > tonight -- by 10pm at the latest, hopefully sooner.
      >
      > If there is anyone who filmed the fire with their video camera, I would
      > like
      > to see if we can include your footage in a longer report that will include
      > some of the history of the building. Also, if anybody took digital
      > photographs of the scene and would be willing to have your photos be part
      > of
      > the film, please send a message to me, perhaps attaching the photo. This
      > report will be edited over the next week and so don't hesitate to send me
      > material in the next several days.
      >
      > Finally, if there are any members of the list -- or you know of any people
      > -- who attended the Hancock School, could you let me know about them. I
      > already have an interview with Peter Kelley who lived across the street
      > from
      > Hancock School and attend school there, as did his mother. Also, if you
      > have any historical information about the Hancock School, please let me
      > know
      > about this.
      >
      > I will give credit for all photos and video footage used in the report.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Harry
      >
      > --
      > Harry Forsdick
      > 781.861.6149 (home) | 781.799.6002 (cell)
      > http://forsdick.com | http://lexmedia.org | http://forsdick.blogspot.com |
      > http://lexdig.com

      David Kluchman
      dkluchman@...