Re: 300th news / Town Accepting advance (reduced rate!) orders for Official 300th Book

  • Jessica Steigerwald
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29 9:32 PM
      Dear Lexington List -- sorry about referring to the list as Town Meeting! -- the 300th Committee would like to let EVERYONE know about the online opportunity to pre-order!  I am just trying to send to several lists with hope that people will share the news! -- Jessie

      On Aug 30, 2013, at 12:31 AM, Jessica Steigerwald wrote:

      Dear Town Meeting Members,

      The 300th Committee would like to let you know that the Official 300th Anniversary Book can now be ordered through the town's website.  The regular book will be $39.00 per copy - however, pre-orders received by September 15th will be at the reduced rate of $35.00 per book.   (Bulk orders of 10 copies or more, ordered before 9/15 are at a further reduced rate of $33.00 per book.)  Please consider placing an early order to take advantage of the reduced rate & to help us gauge the proper number to order!

      You can learn more & order on the web at:    www.lexington300.org

      The book is a 100+ page over-sized coffee table style book with more than 500 color photographs.  Please let friends and neighbors know about this special advance rate so they have a chance to participate.  After November 1st, any un-reserved books will be made available at $39.00 each.  If you think you will want a copy, we suggest ordering to make sure yours is reserved!

      More information:
      Every event is included, along with special fold-out pages for large group photos!

      The book includes:

      299th Volunteer Event at Cary Memorial Building
      Opening Ceremony
      Opening Day Parade
      All-Town Photo & Picnic
      Country Fair
      Community Stage
      Quilting, Fiber Arts & Textile Committee
      Race Through Time
      300th Scavenger Hunt
      Blue Ribbon Contest
      Dance Revolution 300
      Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Fashion - 300th Show at LACS
      300th Cigar Box Purse Project - Art As Accessory
      Breeches, Bloomers & Bellbottoms:  Oh My!
      LexCelebrate! Incorporation Weekend
      Mock Town Meeting
      Lexington Then & Now Comic Book Launch Event
      Mass. Memories Road Show
      Dance Around the World
      Incorporation Day - Bell Ringing on the Green
      Golden Tricorn Scavenger Hunt
      Patriots' Day Parade
      Clock Dedication & Time Capsule Ceremony
      Old-Time Baseball
      Memorial Day Parade
      300th Anniversary Concert
      June 2nd Volunteer Appreciation Event
      300th Anniversary Quilts
      300th Anniversary Tree
      300th Anniversary Flower Berm by the Lexington Field And Garden Club

      and so much more!

      Order 300th Anniversary Book NOW for Nov. 1st delivery.   Pre-orders by Sept. 15th at reduced rate of $35 per book.

      -- Jessie Steigerwald  (300th Anniversary Committee, Town Meeting Member Precinct 8)

    • David Ramsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30 2:07 AM
        On a different but related note,

        Why is the new 300th Anniversary 3-faced clock at the Depot still not keeping accurate time?  How much money was spent on this clock?  I drove past it last week and two faces were correct while one was not.
        Best,
        David.

        Say what you like, but such things do happen- not often, but they do happen.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30 2:18 AM
          Hi David,

          I can't speak to the mechanics of the clock.  This is far beyond my expertise.

          But, as a member of the 300th Committee, I can tell you that this clock was a generous donation to the Town by two local organizations: the Lexington Lions Club and the Rotary Club of Lexington.

          Tanya Morrisett