Re: [lexington] Fireworks wrap-up

  • JJ Krawczyk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4 5:19 AM
      On 7/4/13 7:30 AM, David Ramsey wrote:
      > Can anybody explain why there was no seating allowed on the field inside
      > the track? Not that it mattered, as we ended up finding a great spot on
      > the hill at Hayden.

      From my vantage point, it looked like that was where they were
      launching them, or pretty close to there.

      JJ Krawczyk
    • Florence DelSanto
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4 7:11 AM
        Beautiful fireworks display last night. Thank you to The Lion's Club!

        We got some nice images that will be available on LexMedia.

        Florence DelSanto

        Pls excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 4, 2013, at 7:22 AM, Meg Muckenhoupt <megm@...> wrote:

        To summarize past messages:

        1. The fireworks started at 9:30 and lasted about 20 minutes.

        2. There was plenty of space on the field next to the Center Playground (next to the high school athletic fields) for viewing the fireworks.

        3. The universal advice was to park in the high school lot. We chose to park on Mass Ave with our car facing homeward, about a 10-minute walk from the Center Playground. We were home within 20 minutes of the end of the show.

        In short, apart from the late hour (for children,) this was the easiest darn way to see fireworks I've ever encountered. Compared to taking two hours to get home from the Esplanade, this was a cinch.

        Meg Muckenhoupt