Fireworks wrap-up

  • Meg Muckenhoupt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2013
      To summarize past messages:

      1. The fireworks started at 9:30 and lasted about 20 minutes.

      2. There was plenty of space on the field next to the Center Playground (next to the high school athletic fields) for viewing the fireworks.

      3. The universal advice was to park in the high school lot. We chose to park on Mass Ave with our car facing homeward, about a 10-minute walk from the Center Playground. We were home within 20 minutes of the end of the show.

      In short, apart from the late hour (for children,) this was the easiest darn way to see fireworks I've ever encountered. Compared to taking two hours to get home from the Esplanade, this was a cinch.

      Meg Muckenhoupt
    • David Ramsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2013
        Can anybody explain why there was no seating allowed on the field inside the track?  Not that it mattered, as we ended up finding a great spot on the hill at Hayden.
        David.

        Say what you like, but such things do happen- not often, but they do happen.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2013
          On 7/4/13 7:30 AM, David Ramsey wrote:
          > Can anybody explain why there was no seating allowed on the field inside
          > the track? Not that it mattered, as we ended up finding a great spot on
          > the hill at Hayden.

          From my vantage point, it looked like that was where they were
          launching them, or pretty close to there.

          JJ Krawczyk
        • Florence DelSanto
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2013
            Beautiful fireworks display last night. Thank you to The Lion's Club!

            We got some nice images that will be available on LexMedia.

            Florence DelSanto

            Pls excuse typos. Sent from my iPhone