Re: KeySpan work

  • Hank Manz
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      The statement was made in one of the many meetings and briefings surrounding the recent incident that the independent review would be conducted under control of the town, specifically the Fire Chief, rather than Keyspan.  I think it is clear that a partnership has emerged out of the incident, something that is both heartening and all too rare, and I also think it is clear that the town wants assurances that the system is safe before they sign off on anything.  Another thing I have seen is that when there is a choice between replacement or repair, there is a much lower threshold for replacement as the choice.  I am certain that any problems identified by the review will be addressed.

      The notes which make it to the town Web site go up as they are received, but now that the project is into bigger items, there are often days when there is no change so there will be no new information posted.  So check often.  I now have an icon on my desktop to get me there quickly.

      -Hank Manz

      Message: 5
      Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:49:40 -0800 (PST)
      From: Courtney Christensen
      Subject: Re: Re: KeySpan work

      Someone said they will be replacing the pipe on the entire length of Hancock Street, or at least from town up to Adams. From what I've seen it stops just past 12 Hancock and picks up much later. It doesn't look like it's on the future schedule. Will they replace more pipeline if that's the recommendation of the indepenedent review?

      Courtney