Re: [lexington] Mass. Memories Road Show Comes to Lexington

  • Denise Dube
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 3:03 AM
      I covered this in Waltham a few years ago. It's an incredible event, especially since it coincides with the 300th. I hope everyone attends -- especially those who have generational ties to Lexington.

      --Denise

      On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Cheryl Meadow <csmeadow@...> wrote:

      The Mass Memories Road Show is coming to Lexington!

      Saturday, March 16, 2013 (during LexCelebrate! Incorporation Weekend)
      10 AM to 3 PM
      Lexington High School

      What is MMRS?

      *   A state-wide digital history project that travels from town to town. The goal is to visit every community in the Commonwealth to help them document their history.
      *   A community event that celebrates each person's family history and participation in town life, whether they've lived there for generations or just moved in.
      *   A part of the Lexington 300th Anniversary Celebration

      How can you make Lexington history at MMRS?
      *   Bring up to three photos that represent you, your family, your community, in recent or past times – as long as they are personally meaningful to you.  They can be photographs of celebrations, family gatherings, events, places, or objects that help tell your Lexington family story.

      What can you expect when you come to MMRS?
      *   Your photos will be scanned and the originals immediately returned to you.
      *   There will also be a video area where you can tell a brief story about your photos on camera.

      Learn more about contributing to MMRS: http://www.lexington300.org/mass-memories-road-show---march-16-2013.html

      Want to help? Come to our open team meeting, Tues., Feb. 12, 3 PM, Cary Memorial Library, Learning Center

      Questions?  Contact MMRS project coordinator Polly Kienle: polly.lex300@....

      Cheryl Meadow

      Find Us on Facebook

      Follow Us on Twitter