Lexington Rally

  • Lorraine Fournier
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
      Dear Friends:

      There is a crisis in the public schools as some of you already know.
      As parents we are responsible for the health and well being of our children.
      We as parents should also be concerned about what the schools are
      teaching our children. This has nothing to do with being against homosexuals
      and everything to do with parental rights. If you are against what the
      schools
      are teaching the children please join us at the rally, we need you.

      As a parent of school children this could happen to you if you reject their
      curriculum.

      The permit for the Lexington Green has been approved! There will be a
      Rally for Parental Rights with David Parker on the eve of the first day of
      school, Tuesday, Sept. 6, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. in Lexington. Please join
      us. For more information, contact Madeleine Prendergast at
      1-978-371-1011or by e-mail at madeleine39@....

      Support David & Tonia Parker, and their fight for parental rights in the
      Lexington Public Schools. David Parker was arrested on April 27th, 2005, at
      Joseph Estabrook Elementary School for asking school administrators to
      adhere to Massachusetts state law, which MANDATES notifying parents
      before discussing issues of human sexuality in the classroom. Rather than
      allow school administrators free reign to teach his child anything they
      like, regardless of age appropriateness or his wishes, David chose to
      stand up for his rights and for the rights of all parents to be involved in
      the
      decision of what is taught to their children in the Lexington Public
      Schools.

      The Lexington Public Schools Superintendent has also taken out a
      restraining order against David, no doubt in an effort to intimidate and
      bully
      David into giving up his fight for parental rights. Find out more about
      David & Tonia Parker: http://www.DavidParkerFacts.org

      David's wife Tonia said: Encourage and invite friends, family, and
      contacts. This is a rally for family and about family and our right to raise
      our families as we see fit! David has spoken with several media contacts -
      which have confirmed that they will be present at the rally. We give a
      heartfelt thanks to you for your support and prayers in this united purpose
      we share. We look forward to seeing you there...

      Please keep these two young courageous parents in your prayers.

      Thank You
      Lorraine Fournier

    • Steve Isenberg
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
        As I remember David Parker was arrested because he refused to leave
        school property.

        Also it is my understanding that the extent of "homosexual education"
        contained within the "curriculum" that he was so strongly protesting
        is no more than a picture that shows a family with two same-sex
        adults.

        Based on my memory and understanding, I think this situation is
        overblown sexual intolerance overreaction, and I'm saddened to see
        this intolerance happening in Lexington.

        There are so many other, real problems in the world that we would do
        better to get upset and try to do something about (New Orleans
        disaster, terrorist concerns, Iraq war, Sept 11, gas prices, and
        more).

        But this is just my opinion, yours may differ ... and I support your
        right to protest what you want, just as I support the schools for what
        they are doing.

        (I'm also not sure this sort of discussion belongs on the "Lexington" list.)

        On 9/1/05, Lorraine Fournier <lfournier24@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friends:
        >
        > There is a crisis in the public schools as some of you already know.
        > As parents we are responsible for the health and well being of our children.
        > We as parents should also be concerned about what the schools are
        > teaching our children. This has nothing to do with being against homosexuals
        > and everything to do with parental rights. If you are against what the
        > schools
        > are teaching the children please join us at the rally, we need you.
        >
        > As a parent of school children this could happen to you if you reject their
        > curriculum.
        >
        > The permit for the Lexington Green has been approved! There will be a
        > Rally for Parental Rights with David Parker on the eve of the first day of
        > school, Tuesday, Sept. 6, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. in Lexington. Please join
        > us. For more information, contact Madeleine Prendergast at
        > 1-978-371-1011or by e-mail at madeleine39@....
        >
        > Support David & Tonia Parker, and their fight for parental rights in the
        > Lexington Public Schools. David Parker was arrested on April 27th, 2005, at
        > Joseph Estabrook Elementary School for asking school administrators to
        > adhere to Massachusetts state law, which MANDATES notifying parents
        > before discussing issues of human sexuality in the classroom. Rather than
        > allow school administrators free reign to teach his child anything they
        > like, regardless of age appropriateness or his wishes, David chose to
        > stand up for his rights and for the rights of all parents to be involved in
        > the
        > decision of what is taught to their children in the Lexington Public
        > Schools.
        >
        > The Lexington Public Schools Superintendent has also taken out a
        > restraining order against David, no doubt in an effort to intimidate and
        > bully
        > David into giving up his fight for parental rights. Find out more about
        > David & Tonia Parker: http://www.DavidParkerFacts.org
        >
        > David's wife Tonia said: Encourage and invite friends, family, and
        > contacts. This is a rally for family and about family and our right to raise
        > our families as we see fit! David has spoken with several media contacts -
        > which have confirmed that they will be present at the rally. We give a
        > heartfelt thanks to you for your support and prayers in this united purpose
        > we share. We look forward to seeing you there...
        >
        > Please keep these two young courageous parents in your prayers.
        >
        > Thank You
        > Lorraine Fournier

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Glenn Parker
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
          Lorraine Fournier wrote:

          > Dear Friends:
          >
          > There is a crisis in the public schools as some of you already know.

          Lorraine,

          As you no doubt already know, this kind of politically motivated
          announcement belongs on lex-polrel, not the lexington list. Why do you
          insist on repeatedly ignoring the list owner's policy in this regard?

          --
          Glenn Parker | glenn.parker-AT-comcast.net | <http://www.tetrafoil.com/>
        • Lorraine Fournier
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
            Steve

            Why is it you didn't object to Gay Godfrey's email?

            I guess it all depends on who sends it and what the message is.

            Lorraine

          • gay.godfrey
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
              Hey---

              I must respond when my name is taken in vain ;-) !

              I posted my announcement only on the Lex-polrel list; which is where I
              thought it belonged.

              Colin saw Lorraine's posting and suggested I double post - but I resisted
              the temptation.

              Perhaps Lorraine doesn't know how to post just to one list.

              Simply include only

              lex-polrel@yahoogroups.com

              in the to line.

              Blessings,

              Gay

              _____

> [...]

              > > The Lexington Public Schools Superintendent has also taken out a
              > > restraining order against David, no doubt in an effort to intimidate and
              > > bully
              > > David into giving up his fight for parental rights. Find out more about
              > > David & Tonia Parker: http://www.DavidParkerFacts.org
              > >
              > > David's wife Tonia said: Encourage and invite friends, family, and
              > > contacts. This is a rally for family and about family and our right to
              >raise
              > > our families as we see fit! David has spoken with several media
              >contacts -
              > > which have confirmed that they will be present at the rally. We give a
              > > heartfelt thanks to you for your support and prayers in this united
              >purpose
              > > we share. We look forward to seeing you there...
              > >
              > > Please keep these two young courageous parents in your prayers.

              +mortgage&w2=U+s+patent+search&w3=Lexington+massachusetts+hotel&w4=Lexington
              +massachusetts&w5=Lexington+massachusetts+real+estate&w6=Business+announceme
              nt&c=6&s=183&.sig=fHoa08bdQY2ILFwteBDNHg> s bank home mortgage

              gage&w2=U+s+patent+search&w3=Lexington+massachusetts+hotel&w4=Lexington+mass
              achusetts&w5=Lexington+massachusetts+real+estate&w6=Business+announcement&c=
              6&s=183&.sig=4Ng3vOFhy71vnbRMG_p5dA> s patent search

              Lexington
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Lexington+massachusetts+hotel&w1=U+s+ba
              nk+home+mortgage&w2=U+s+patent+search&w3=Lexington+massachusetts+hotel&w4=Le
              xington+massachusetts&w5=Lexington+massachusetts+real+estate&w6=Business+ann
              ouncement&c=6&s=183&.sig=DYGycY5vMzmAt9o68YbD6Q> massachusetts hotel

              Lexington
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Lexington+massachusetts&w1=U+s+bank+hom
              e+mortgage&w2=U+s+patent+search&w3=Lexington+massachusetts+hotel&w4=Lexingto
              n+massachusetts&w5=Lexington+massachusetts+real+estate&w6=Business+announcem
              ent&c=6&s=183&.sig=awHvRuSO6h7aSYgDDAcYzQ> massachusetts

              Lexington
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Lexington+massachusetts+real+estate&w1=
              U+s+bank+home+mortgage&w2=U+s+patent+search&w3=Lexington+massachusetts+hotel
              &w4=Lexington+massachusetts&w5=Lexington+massachusetts+real+estate&w6=Busine
              ss+announcement&c=6&s=183&.sig=EXJaxzZse3BzWd51vZb1Gg> massachusetts real
              estate

              Business
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+announcement&w1=U+s+bank+home+
              mortgage&w2=U+s+patent+search&w3=Lexington+massachusetts+hotel&w4=Lexington+
              massachusetts&w5=Lexington+massachusetts+real+estate&w6=Business+announcemen
              t&c=6&s=183&.sig=TkfpMRGetQWlSHGT9ApT7g> announcement

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "lexington
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lexington> " on the web.

              _____

            • Lorraine Fournier
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                Glenn

                I believe this has everything to do with the Lexington List because it
                involves the schools and not just religion and politics. Parents have a
                right to know what's happening in the schools.

                Lorraine

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                  I don't really know how the moderating works on this list.

                  If I break the rules do I get 20 lashes with a wet noodle?

                  If I should post to the whole Lex list, would the moderator please give me
                  permission.

                  Otherwise, anyone who wants to know, just email me and I'll send it along.

                  Blessings,

                  Gay

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                    Lorraine Fournier wrote:
                    > Glenn
                    >
                    > I believe this has everything to do with the Lexington List because it
                    > involves the schools and not just religion and politics. Parents have a
                    > right to know what's happening in the schools.

                    Lorraine,

                    Your posting was chock full of political opinions, and it announced a
                    very political and religiously based event. This is exactly the kind of
                    message that lex-polrel was created for, and you should have exercised
                    discretion when choosing where to post it.

                    If you understood and accepted the mailing list policies established by
                    Harry Forsdick, you would have offered a sincere apology to the list
                    members by now.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
                      Harry

                      For the most part, I was just responding to other postings on both the
                      lexington and lex-polrel list. Are you saying that it's OK to make an
                      announcement about the school and then not be allowed to discuss it? How are
                      the schools political? Don't you think it's important for parents and
                      homosexuals to get together and discuss these issues? All I want is to have
                      pease back in the schools.

                      Jed probably didn't chastise me for the same reasons you don't chastise
                      anyone else but me. I know you don't agree with me but fair is fair. Do you
                      want me to tell you who the other people were that posted on the lexington
                      list?

                      In any case, I hope you have a safe journey.

                      Lorraine