Re: First Parish Church steeple update

  • tomboulet23
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      I just happened to be driving by with a camera and saw this going on
      and had to stop.

      I posted some shots of the progress as the 24,000lbs or so was
      uprighted. Click on photos on the left and go to the First Parish
      steeple folder.

      Tom

      --- In lexington@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fortmann <yahoo@f...> wrote:
      > The new steeple arrived yesterday in two pieces; they did an
      > impressive job of parallel-parking the long one. The crane is here
      > this morning to turn the pieces upright and put one or both of them
      > in the scaffolding. The currently predicted date for lifting it all
      > in place is Monday Nov. 8.
      >
      > Tom
    • tomboulet23
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        I forgot that many people don't read messages on the website.

        To see the steeple pictures, go to this URL:

        Click on the First Parish folder.

        Tom

        --- In lexington@yahoogroups.com, "tomboulet23" <tom_boulet@u...> wrote:

        > I just happened to be driving by with a camera and saw this going on
        > and had to stop.
        >
        > I posted some shots of the progress as the 24,000lbs or so was
        > uprighted. Click on photos on the left and go to the First Parish
        > steeple folder.
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > --- In lexington@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fortmann <yahoo@f...> wrote:
        > > The new steeple arrived yesterday in two pieces; they did an
        > > impressive job of parallel-parking the long one. The crane is here
        > > this morning to turn the pieces upright and put one or both of them
        > > in the scaffolding. The currently predicted date for lifting it all
        > > in place is Monday Nov. 8.
        > >
        > > Tom
      • Frank Sandy
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
          The photo link on the group website is unfortunately available
          only to Yahoo members, not Lexington group members. Many of us don't
          want the added spam that comes from being a Yahoo member.

          --
          Frank Sandy
        • JJ Krawczyk and Chris Adams
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
            FWIW, I've had a Yahoo ID ever since they picked up eGroups (the
            predecessor to Yahoo Groups) and I've never received a single piece of spam
            from them. You DO have to make sure you set your membership settings
            properly, though.

            JJ Krawczyk

            At 04:44 PM 11/1/2004, Frank Sandy wrote:
            > The photo link on the group website is unfortunately available
            >only to Yahoo members, not Lexington group members. Many of us don't
            >want the added spam that comes from being a Yahoo member.
          • Jon Dreyer
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
              JJ Krawczyk and Chris Adams wrote:

              > FWIW, I've had a Yahoo ID ever since they picked up eGroups (the
              > predecessor to Yahoo Groups) and I've never received a single piece of spam
              > from them. You DO have to make sure you set your membership settings
              > properly, though.

              Not getting spam directly from Yahoo is no guarantee you're
              not getting spam from some of their partners-in-slime, but
              they have a reputation to defend so it's possible that you
              really aren't getting any spam.

              It's also possible that Yahoo groups members who do _not_
              have a Yahoo id get more spam, because then you can't set
              your spam preferences.

              Check out

              http://pobox.com/~jdreyer/yahoospam.html

              for more information.
            • Tom Fortmann
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
                I use a unique email address <yahoo@...> for my Yahoo-groups
                mailing lists and it receives no spam. (knock on wood...)

                Tom
              • Tom Fortmann
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
                  The Nov. 8 date for lifting the new steeple into place turned out to
                  be a teeny bit optimistic. Current prediction is Nov 16.

                  Tom