File - MonthlyMessage

  • lexington@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 145 , Feb 1, 2011
      Folks,

      You are getting this once a month automatic reminder message because you are on the Lexington List.

      I want to remind you about several things:

      1. The Lexington List is for discussions about matters relating to life in Lexington MA -- but not related to Politics or Religion.

      2. There is a separate list which, now that you are a member of the Lexington List, you may join if you wish to discuss Politics and/or Religion: lex-polrel. To join that list, please send a message to:

      lex-polrel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      3. When you send messages to either list, please remember to sign your name so that people will understand exactly who has sent the message. First names are fine as long as people can combine that with your email address and have a good chance of figuring out who you are.

      4. I maintain a list of other email lists applicable to residents of Lexington, MA at:

      http://www.forsdick.com/lexington/lists/

      If you have any additions to that list, please send them to me and I will put them on the list.

      Regards,

      Harry

      Harry Forsdick

      781.861.6149 (home) | 781.799.6002 (cell) | 781.862.5388 (LexMedia)
      http://forsdick.com | http://lexmedia.org | http://lexmarketplace.org | http://forsdick.blogspot.com | http://lexdig.com
    • Tim Zack
      Message 145 of 145 , Mar 4 7:32 AM

        Corinne,

        I found this previous post from Harry.  I just did it myself.  I'll soon find out if it works!

        Tim Zack

        Folks,

        I frequently get asked "How can I use my own email address with Yahoo Groups rather than a yahoo.com email address?"

        Here is the first of a series of messages I am publishing for how to do standard things to successfully use the Lexington List on Yahoo Groups.  I will be collecting these various messages into a frequently asked section on the website.

        Regards,

        -- Harry

        How to change your default email address in Yahoo Groups

        In order to use yahoo group, you need to sign up with Yahoo -- but you don't have to use the default Yahoo email account.  Then to change the primary place you receive your email to, say,  ​your gmail account, you should follow these instructions:
        1. If you don't already have a free Yahoo account, create one.

        2. Go to the Lexington List Yahoo groups page, and if you are not already logged in, look for the login button and login to your account.

        3. Hover over the Gear icon at the right of the top most line of the screen and click on "Account Info".

        4. Click on "Account security" and then click on "Email Addresses".  Add a new "recovery address".

        5. Go to your email system, look for a message from Yahoo, verify that you own the new email address.

        6. Now, go back to the Lexington List Yahoo Groups page.

        7. 2/3rds of the way over on the page, click on the "membershipV" drop down list.

        8. At the bottom of the popup window, click on "Edit Membership"

        9. In the first section "Identity" click on the pencil.

        10. You will see a list of email addresses including the one you just added.  Select that one.

        11. Pat yourself on the back:  you have managed to change your default email address in Yahoo Groups.  Any wonder why Yahoo is on the ropes?

        Harry Forsdick
        ​46 Burlington St., Lexington, MA 02420-1702​

        (781) 799-6002 (mobile)
        TravelsWithHandM.weebly.com
        click to see my other websites

        On 3/3/2017 7:15 AM, Corinne Steigerwald cls9@... [lexington] wrote:

        Harry,

        Please send a link as to how to change email address.

        Thank you,
        Corinne

        Corinne Steigerwald
        Sent from my iPad

        On Feb 28, 2017, at 9:44 PM, lexington@yahoogroups.com wrote:

[...]

        How To Lose Weight Fast (Drink This Daily)
        Capitalizing Calories
        http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/58b98880816d287d19c7st02duc
        SponsoredBy Content.Ad