Re: [lexington] Delectable C&C Lobsters at Lexington Farmer's Market

  • Charles Lamb
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
      Ken,

      I agree with you. We had some of these lobsters the week before and they
      were delicious. Apparently we are not imagining this. C&C informed us that
      her lobsters are straight off the boat and do not spend time in a tank.
      Lobsters in a tank ingest junk from the tank water and that causes them to
      taste not-as-good.

      Charles Lamb

    • JJ Krawczyk
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
        Can anyone confirm that C&C be a regular, or at least which weeks
        they'll be at the market? We normally plan on Tuesdays as "fish night"
        but my fish will stay a day in the fridge and I could plan on lobster
        night next week.

        JJ Krawczyk
      • Alexandra Moellmann
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
          I spoke with the woman there yesterday and if I remember correctly, she said
          they were planning on coming every week for the rest of the season.

          Alexandra

          P.S. We can confirm that the one lobster (I wasn't planning on buying
          lobster!) that complemented our dinner last night was delicious!

        • catirama@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
            I just heard from Lori Deliso, Lexington Farmers Market's Market Manager, who said that C & C will definitely be there next week and if the sales go up, they will be there for the rest of the season. So let's all buy lobsters!

            Rachel Cortez

            I spoke with the woman there yesterday and if I remember correctly, she said
            they were planning on coming every week for the rest of the season.

            Alexandra

            P.S. We can confirm that the one lobster (I wasn't planning on buying
            lobster!) that complemented our dinner last night was delicious!

            On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM, JJ Krawczyk <jjkrawlexington@...>wrote:

            > Can anyone confirm that C&C be a regular, or at least which weeks
            > they'll be at the market? We normally plan on Tuesdays as "fish night"
            > but my fish will stay a day in the fridge and I could plan on lobster
            > night next week.
            >
            > JJ Krawczyk

          • Ken Pogran
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
              Hooray! Thanks, Rachel, for the research. I'm glad I posted my comment to the list.

              Ken Pogran

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
                Ken and Charles,

                OK. So I guess it is going to Lobster & White Nectarines next Tuesday for
                dinner. Any more must haves? I'm guessing Corn and Tomatoes will still be
                popular... So let's see,

                Lobster
                Corn on the Cob
                Insalata Caprese (Fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Mozzarella)
                White Nectarines

                This is beginning to sound like we are living in Dover, not Lexington...

                -- Harry

                ----
                Harry Forsdick
                (781) 861-6149 (h); (781) 799 6002 (c); (781) 923-0123 (Google Voice)
                http://www.forsdick.com

              • catirama@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
                  An arugula salad with the arugula from Mentor Flats will be a great addition to your dinner. Mentor Flats is the stand in the corner next to the River Rock Beef. The arugula there is outstanding.

                  Rachel Cortez

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 3, 2010
                    Harry,

                    Don't forget to buy a loaf of the multigrain bread from the Flora stand (so amazingly yummy!) and drizzle it with some local organic honey from the organic stand (who also sells some delicious cider donuts.....).

                    Lisah Rhodes

                    --- In lexington@yahoogroups.com, Harry Forsdick <forsdick@...> wrote:

                    > Ken and Charles,
                    >
                    > OK. So I guess it is going to Lobster & White Nectarines next Tuesday for
                    > dinner. Any more must haves? I'm guessing Corn and Tomatoes will still be
                    > popular... So let's see,
                    >
                    > Lobster
                    > Corn on the Cob
                    > Insalata Caprese (Fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Mozzarella)
                    > White Nectarines
                    >
                    > This is beginning to sound like we are living in Dover, not Lexington...
                    >
                    > -- Harry
                    >
                    > ----
                    > Harry Forsdick
                    > (781) 861-6149 (h); (781) 799 6002 (c); (781) 923-0123 (Google Voice)
                    > http://www.forsdick.com

                  • Sandy Kahn
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 3, 2010
                      I was thinking about getting some good honey for Rosh Hashanah - sounds like this may be the place to look!

                      I imagine it might also be nice drizzled over the nectarines.

                      Sandy