RE: additonal trash pick up

  • Cheryl Meadow
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
      Message form Lexington Department of Public Works

      Due to the additional rain this week and the continuing calls and inquiries
      JRM has been authorized to continue to pick up additional trash and bulky
      item (furniture, rug and miscellaneous trash) pick-up on regularly scheduled
      Monday - Friday curbside collection routes until Friday April 9th. This is
      a one week extension to the original April 2nd deadline. JRM will continue
      to collect additional trash on residents' normal curbside collection days
      until April 9th.

      The key points to emphasize are:
      -- Residents can put out additional trash (including bulky items such as
      furniture, boxes of water-damaged items such as clothing and
      household good etc.) at the curb with the exceptions listed in
      announcement.
      -- For appliances, TVs and computer monitors, residents just need to
      schedule for pick-up just as before.
      -- Household hazardous products can be brought to any of the 8 HHP
      collections at Hartwell Ave. (the first collection is Sat. April 24th
      9AM - 2PM.
      -- For construction and demolition debris residents should contact a
      professional waste hauler.

      This "Additional Trash" announcement is on the Town's main web page under
      News. http://www.lexingtonma.gov/portal/news-events.cfm
    • Meg Muckenhoupt
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
        Harry, all - This is a *fascinating* resource! Thank you for posting it.

        A question for the historians on the list; I spent a few minutes trying to
        find maps of my end of Lexington (Lowell Street/Whipple Hill), and found
        that the maps of "East Lexington" generally stop at what is now the bike
        path. Was Lexington beyond the Minuteman a recent addition to our fair
        town? Was it terra icognito to all the civilized Lexington Center types?
        Was there even a name for the area where I live?

        Meg

      • Rajesh Prasad
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
          I spoke with Verizon support for the 3rd time about the intermittent connection I am having with their Fios internet (I don't have their TV service).
          The problem is every 30-60min I will lose my wireless internet connection for 30s or so but my hard wired desktop works during that
          time frame (tested this last night during my 30s blackout period).

          After 2 calls and resetting the router, changing channels from automatic to 6 then 11, I experienced the same problem. The 3rd call, Verizon
          agreed to replace the router. I asked them is there an issue known with the router, they said no. They strongly believe it is not the router but
          they will replace it. They think it is interference eg from a neighbour's router or my wireless/cordless phone. One idea I had is interference from radio emissions from the sump pump.....it shouldn't happen as there are rules governing radio emissions on all electrical items.

          I know a few people responded to my last email 1-2 weeks ago and it was a mixed response. Is anyone still having the same issues?

          Rajesh

        • jess@shininghours.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
            We're relatively nearby (across the woods & through the golf course!) --
            and have similar problem. We have RCN & over the last 3 or 4 months we
            find that the service is interrupted frequently. We bought a new router
            & that didn't help at all. So, I'm wondering if it could be something in
            the neighborhood...

            It's a pain! If we unplug & replug it works about 90% of the time.

            -- Jessie

            Rajesh Prasad wrote:

            > I spoke with Verizon support for the 3rd time about the intermittent
            > connection I am having with their Fios internet (I don't have their TV
            > service).
            > The problem is every 30-60min I will lose my wireless internet
            > connection for 30s or so but my hard wired desktop works during that
            > time frame (tested this last night during my 30s blackout period).
            >
            > After 2 calls and resetting the router, changing channels from
            > automatic to 6 then 11, I experienced the same problem. The 3rd call,
            > Verizon
            > agreed to replace the router. I asked them is there an issue known
            > with the router, they said no. They strongly believe it is not the
            > router but
            > they will replace it. They think it is interference eg from a
            > neighbour's router or my wireless/cordless phone. One idea I had is
            > interference from radio emissions from the sump pump.....it shouldn't
            > happen as there are rules governing radio emissions on all electrical
            > items.
            >
            > I know a few people responded to my last email 1-2 weeks ago and it
            > was a mixed response. Is anyone still having the same issues?
            >
            > Rajesh

          • Judy Madoff Boxer
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
              We're near the center (Kendall Road) and having the same problem with
              RCN. Also need to plug and unplug several times a day. I thought it
              was our router.
              Judy

              On Apr 1, 2010, at 3:49 PM, jess@... wrote:

              > We're relatively nearby (across the woods & through the golf
              > course!) --
              > and have similar problem. We have RCN & over the last 3 or 4 months we
              > find that the service is interrupted frequently. We bought a new
              > router
              > & that didn't help at all. So, I'm wondering if it could be
              > something in
              > the neighborhood...
              >
              > It's a pain! If we unplug & replug it works about 90% of the time.
              >
              > -- Jessie
              >
              > Rajesh Prasad wrote:
              >>
              >> I spoke with Verizon support for the 3rd time about the intermittent
              >> connection I am having with their Fios internet (I don't have their
              >> TV
              >> service).
              >> The problem is every 30-60min I will lose my wireless internet
              >> connection for 30s or so but my hard wired desktop works during that
              >> time frame (tested this last night during my 30s blackout period).
              >>
              >> After 2 calls and resetting the router, changing channels from
              >> automatic to 6 then 11, I experienced the same problem. The 3rd call,
              >> Verizon
              >> agreed to replace the router. I asked them is there an issue known
              >> with the router, they said no. They strongly believe it is not the
              >> router but
              >> they will replace it. They think it is interference eg from a
              >> neighbour's router or my wireless/cordless phone. One idea I had is
              >> interference from radio emissions from the sump pump.....it shouldn't
              >> happen as there are rules governing radio emissions on all electrical
              >> items.
              >>
              >> I know a few people responded to my last email 1-2 weeks ago and it
              >> was a mixed response. Is anyone still having the same issues?
              >>
              >> Rajesh

            • Rajesh Prasad
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
                Sometime ago I posted a message about intermittent wireless modem connection problem I was having with Verizon. Jessie below had something similar but with RCN.

                I called up Verizon and they sent me a new modem (exact same model). It's been over a month now with the new modem and the problem has been eliminated. However, this doesn't support Jessie's experience.

                Rajesh