Please consider Steve Kropper, candidate for Planning Board

  • kropper
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      Here I have provided information on my background and positions.
      http://kropper.com/planning%20board%20campaign%20email2.htm

      Thanks for your consideration.

      --
      Steven Kropper,
      Candidate for Planning Board

      781-652-8949
      FAX: 617-812-8285

      steve@...

      48 Pleasant Street
      Lexington, MA 02421
    • barrje@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        Steve:I wish you had posted your candidacy letter a lot sooner; it was by far
        the sanest item to appear on this list in the past few years. Albeit the
        fact that I have some misgivings about your seeming support for allowing
        expansion of office space(if this implies allowing new construction) I nevertheless
        assure you that you will receive at least more vote.
        You must understand that I am a member of a minority; philosophic, not
        racial! We were once close to being in the majority, in the younger part of the
        20th Century Much like those small pockets of exotic peoples whose languages are
        dying and scheduled to be lost forever, we of the anti-developing faction are
        on the verge of joining those late lamented languages.
        Why, anti-development you ask? I have been a resident of Lexington for over a
        quarter of the Town's life since its incorporation in 1713. Over the past 50
        years or so I have watched the unbridled developments that have disfigured
        the beautiful scenery and character of the town and have damn near demolished
        the financial structure. Every project went forward with the promise of
        increasing the tax base and thereby lowering our individual RE tax bills. In the past
        half century, as I recall, our tax bills went downward only in the year
        following the passage of the State's sale tax in 1966. and then resumed the upward
        spiral thereafter. As to the jobs that were created, most went to the imigres
        who
        came in from the outside, along with their children who impacted the school
        system.
        Not much profit in that deal!
        As I preach, ad nauseam, in Town Meeting, if you want to see what Lexington
        used to look like; go to Lincoln. If you want see what Lexington in on the road
        to resembling, go to Arlington, or Burlington. With all their industrial
        bases they seem to be having fiscal problems much like our's.
        Feel free to disgree or even denounce my sermon, Steve, I'll still vote for
        you tomorrow and I hope others will also. Best of luck!
        Jim
        Barry, Pct 1