Another of Lexi's former opponents win WWE Women's title!

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
      Hi Lexi. Got a question for you. After remembering your July 13, 2003
      match against Alexis Laree, I was wondering if you have any kayfabe
      or non-kayfabe comments or memories regarding Mickie James, now that
      she defeated Patricia Strategias for the WWE Women's title last night.

      --- In CAPW_Divas@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <clstratotip2005@...> wrote:

      April 3, 1965 – Gorilla Monsoon & Cowboy Bill Watts defeated Gene
      Kiniski & Waldo von Erich for the WWWF Tag Team title!

      April 3, 1969 – Lance Storm was born. Happy Birthday, Lance!

      April 9, 1970 @ Cleveland Arena
      - The Outlaws def the Stomper & Ben Justice*
      - Johnny Powers def Hans Schmidt**
      - Bulldog Brower vs Mighty Igor – D DQ

      • - The "Texas Outlaws" were comprised of Dirty Dick Murdoch
      and "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. During this time they were
      competing in #1 Contendership matches for the NWA World tag team
      championship. The Stomper and Ben Justice were already wrestling
      matches for the NWA Tag belts then owned by the Fabulous Kangaroos.
      • Intent on capturing a major championship, Johnny Powers
      fought legendary Hans Shchmidt in a hard fought battle.

      April 8, 1971 @ Cleveland Arena
      - Ben Justice vs Dr. X – DRAW
      - The Mysterian def Bruce Swayze
      - Oscar "the Crusher" Verdue def the Executioner
      - Bobo Brazil/Vic Rossitani def Kurt Von Hess/Eric the Red
      - Ernie Ladd def Tex McKenzie

      April 6, 1972 @ Cleveland Arena
      - Luis Martinez/White Owl def Love Bros – DQ
      - Fabulous Kangaroos vs Parisi/DeNucci – DRAW
      - Sicilian Beast defeats Johnny Fargo
      - Bobo Brazil defeats Pampero Firpo when the Beast interferes – DQ!
      - Johnny Powers/Ernie Ladd defeat Waldo von Erich/Luke Graham!

      * - The Fabulous Kangaroos were internationally known as the NWA
      World Tag Team Champions for the Sheik's NWA promotion "Big Time
      Wrestling" which had venues at Dayton's Hara Arena, Canton Civic
      Center, Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens, Detroit's Cobo Arena as well as
      Akron's National Guard Armory. Tony Parisi and Denucci were WWWF
      midcarders but gained fame as National Wrestling Federation Tag Team
      Champions during their feud with the Fabulous Fargo Brothers (Donnie
      and Johnny `aka Greg Valentine' w mgr Bruce Swayze)..

      April 5, 1975 @ Akron Armory
      - Hank James defeats Jay York
      - Poffos defeat Tex McKenzie/Pez Whatley
      - Killer Karl Kox vs Bobo Brazil – D CO
      - Pampero Firpo def Mike York – DQ!

      * - Mike and Jay York were collectively known as the Alaskans who the
      Sheik was brining in to work "Big Time Wrestling" cards. Whereas the
      Sheik's main Northeast Ohio venue was Akron Armory, Johnny Powers was
      promoting Pedro Marinez' NWF promotion through Cleveland Arena with
      help from WUAB-TV feed and monthly TV tapings there when the station
      was located at 8443 Day Drive in Parma.

      April 3, 1976 @ Cobo Arena
      - Rip Hawk defeats Angelo Poffo
      - Brute Bernard def the Stomper
      - Sir Dudley Clements defeats Randy Poffo – Brute Bernard interferes!
      - Harley Race defeats Chief Jay Strongbow – COR!
      - Domenic DeNucci defeats George "the Animal" Steele who was counted
      out of ring!

      April 8, 1978 @ Akron Armory
      - Magnificent Zulu vs Luis Martinez – DRAW
      - Bulldog Brower vs the Sheik – D DQ

      April 5, 1984 @ Nordonia High School
      - Dominic DeNucci/Ken Jugan def Pittsburgh Steelers (Assassins)
      - US Title: Luis Martinez def The Sheik (w mgr. Ali Bey the Bug) – DQ!
      - Walter Johnson def Malcom Monroe

      April 7, 1984 in Baltimore, Md.:
      - Ron Garvin defeats Jake Roberts for GCW National TV Title!

      April 3, 1995 - Alundra Blaze defeated Bull Nakano for the WWF
      Women's title!

      April 3, 1993 - Don Muraco defeated the Sandman for the ECW
      Heavyweight title!

      April 2, 2006 WrestleMania Women's Match: [Match 6]
      WWE Women's Championship: Micke James(aka CAPW's Alexis Laree) v.
      Trish Stratus (c)

      Mickie comes out first, all smiles as usual. Trish is announced and,
      on her way down, is heralded by JR as the most dominant Women's champ
      in recent history, holding the title for over a year so far.

      Bell rings. Back and forth action. Trish works James into the corner
      and sets her up for a chop to the chest. Trish catches a mule kick
      and sends James into a painful looking split. Action spills outside
      where the two go back and forth again. Trish attempts a chick-kick,
      missing and connects with the ring post. James rolls Trish into the
      ring, sets her legs around the ring posts and slams the left leg into
      the steel.

      Back in the ring, James regains control. Trish in the corner as James
      works the injured leg repeatedly. James drags Trish to the center of
      the ring and works the leg some more with a pair of half-"Boston
      crab"'s. The ring is stained with blood from the Foley/Edge match.

      Referee Jack Doan calls for the release of the hold. James still in
      control and still working the leg with both kicks and punches. James
      sets Trish up for a unique move; she sets up the top of Trish's foot,
      knee compressed, on the rope and drops a leg on Trish's calf.

      After another unique move, this time a pin with compression on the
      injured leg, Trish regains control with a whirling "Hurricanrana".
      Trish with a "Spine buster" for 2. Mickie comes back, neutralizes
      Trish and goes to the top. Trish sets up for a "Stratus-phere", James
      doges and GOES TO THE OUTSIDE. Trish is down, James with a 2-count.

      James goes for a half crab again, Trish counters to an inside cradle
      and gets a two count.

      Trish back in control. Picks up James and lands a RUNNING POWERBOMB.
      1..2…

      2 count. Trish sets up for a stratus-faction, James counters and
      regains control.

      James sets up and BOTCHES A STRATUSFACTION. The crowd lets her know.
      James picks up Trish, decks her with a typical right hand and gets
      the three count.

      VERY BOTCHED finish that COMPLETELY sent the whole match to hell.

      Winner via pinfall and NEW WWE Women's Champion: Mickie James!!!

      April 9, 2006 @ Turner's Hall:

      MAIN EVENT
      Samoa Joe vs Rino

      "Hardcore Match"
      Abdullah the Butcher vs. Michael Hellborn

      ***Womens Wrestling***
      Sumie Sakai vs. Portia Perez
      ***Heavyweight Championship***
      Adam Cage vs. Chris Kole
      ***Jr. Heavyweight Championship***
      Matt Stryker vs. Zack Storm
      ***Tag Team Championship***
      Virus & Unknown vs. Dios Salvadorr & Johnny Gargano

      ***Falls Count Anywhere***
      KC Blood vs. Canadian Bad Boy
      ***Return Match***
      Ray Rowe & Bane vs. Vincent Nothing & Christian Faith
      Lars Rockne vs. "H8 Pac" Dave DeMarco
      JT Lightning vs. "Outlaw" Johnny Walker
      Da Munchies & Bouncer vs. Brandon X, Barry Saggitarious, Shawn Blaze
      TICKETS - $10.00 advanced $12.00 at the door
      -----------------------------------
      A note on last night's Wrestlemania show:

      I didn't see it but I just read about it. The only match that I was
      ever interested in was the Women's title match describes below. I'm
      glad to see Alexis laree as Women's WWE champ because from what I've
      seen of her, she deserves it. She busts her ass whenever she works.
      Whether this will be the case as WWE champ only time will tell. Her
      classic CAPW matches vs Lexie Fyfe and then Tracy Brooks will always
      be remembered as true wrestling competitions.

      Home page photos:

      Abdullah's last Ohio match photo by Shabosco:

      Alexis Laree leaves CAPW for OVW:
    • lexie123fyfe
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
        Hi. I always thought Mickie/Alexis was a great wrestler. Even when
        she was brand new she had a ring presence. She was always listening
        to everyone,asking questions and trying to improve herself every
        match. I had a feeling she would take it as far as she wanted and
        she has. Hopefully they will keep using her in positive ways and
        she be a good influence to the women's division in WWE.
        Lexie

        --- In lexiefyfelexaholics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul"
        <clstratotip2005@...> wrote:

        > Hi Lexie. Got a question for you. After remembering your July 13,
        2003
        > match against Alexis Laree, I was wondering if you have any kayfabe
        > or non-kayfabe comments or memories regarding Mickie James, now
        that
        > she defeated Patricia Strategias for the WWE Women's title last
        night.
      • Darrell Smith, Jr
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
          Hey Lexie
          Congrats
          I wish they would just let her be Alexis herself. She was so much more awesome than acting her way thru, just her her, be her

          <clstratotip2005@...> wrote:

          > Hi Lexie. Got a question for you. After remembering your July 13,
          2003
          > match against Alexis Laree, I was wondering if you have any kayfabe
          > or non-kayfabe comments or memories regarding Mickie James, now
          that
          > she defeated Patricia Strategias for the WWE Women's title last
          night.

          Wrestling High school wrestling Wrestling shoes Wrestling ticket

        • Marc Cunningham
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
            I've always been a fan of Alexis Laree now Mickie James, a tough,
            young, talented woman who's had some really good matches with loads
            of ladies in the game, know she's had some fine matches with you
            Lexie and Lady Victoria, you've rumbled many times and have always
            been entertaining. So pleased for her to be WWE champ, let's hope
            WWE gives her a good run as the champion, well done Mickie!

            --- In lexiefyfelexaholics@yahoogroups.com, "lexie123fyfe"