Suet - final word

  • AnisaT@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
      As I final word on the suet debate, I decided to pull down my copy of Mrs Beaton and try out the recipe for suet dumpling.  Yes, it is still possible to buy suet by the way.

      Suet dumplings have about as much in common with their Caribbean and deep south equivalent as a gobstopper has with a malterser.

      Nevertheless, they are actually a pleasant (if acqired) addition to stews.

      Recipe (for eight dumplings)

                   4 oz suet (grated)
                   8 oz self-raising flower
                   pinch of salt
                   teaspoon baking powder
                   chopped herbs of choice

      mix sparingly with cold water until the mix achieves a firm texture.  roll into eight balls.  Add to stew and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.

      Serve.

      Apologise to guests.

      Suggested further use.

      Take on anti-Bush demonstration.  Hurl at said president.  Get arrested.  Sell story to Home Cooking magazine.

      John Tufail

    • Kate
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
        Oh yes! Before I forget - Wes (Lucy's boyfriend) sent Lucy a George Bush doll for a joke. You know they MAKE things like that? Lucy has been using it to commit voodoo on! It talks too! It has 17 different phrases!

        Suggested further use - await honourable guest from UK. Take said dumplings. . . .Provide guest with torch to locate exact position of said dumpling. Arrange for surgical removal. . .
[...]

        visit our homepage  at: