Miss Cole Photograph 1859

  • screensaver8
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      In the Princeton University collection of Charles Dodgson pictures
      there is a picture of a Miss Cole taken by Dodgson in 1859. Does
      anyone know who this person was? This picture can be viewed online.
      Thanks.
    • keith
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
        Henry Cole was a founder of the Kensington Museum who was also an amateur
        photographer and was involved with the Photographic Society of London from
        whom he bought photographs to display in a collection. CLD's uncle was also
        a member of this society. Cole was born in 1808 so I'd guess the girl was
        his daughter.

        Interesting collection at Princeton but it does raise some questions.

        Keith W