Re: 'Alice' and mathematics: asking for helpful suggestions

  • Jim Buch <jbuch@revealed.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 5:39 AM
      --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, mkrawczy@r... wrote:
      > Hi everybody!
      >
      > My name is Michal and I'm a new member of the group. I'm writing a
      paper on
      > usage of mathematicals symbols in literature for children. Judging
      from the
      > content of the book and biography of the author, some wise scholars
      should have
      > already written hundreds of pages about numbers, arystotelian logic
      etc.
      > in 'Alice'. Could You help me find some links to such texts? Would
      You like to
      > provide me with Your own ideas?
      >
      > regards
      > Michal Krawczyk

      It is my firm belief that Lewis Carroll imparted little mathematical
      symbols in his literature for children.

      What mathematics he incorporated into the "Alice" books was for his
      own interest, and, as it turns out, for the interest of other adults.

      Scholars have written many papers on this, but the number of wise
      scholars who have done so is substantially less.

      Jim Buch