Poll results for lewiscarroll

  • lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2002
      The following lewiscarroll poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Choose five of the below for inclusion
      in a hypothetical new publication to
      be entitled "The Worst Pieces of
      Literature
      Carroll Ever Perpetrated"

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - 'The Garland of Rachel', 3 votes, 6.67%
      - The Nursery Alice , 3 votes, 6.67%
      - 'Beatrice' , 6 votes, 13.33%
      - The 'Nothing But Love' poem from Sylvie and Bruno, 3 votes, 6.67%
      - The 'Little Birds' poem from Sylvie and Bruno, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - 'The Mad Gardener's Song' from Sylvie and Bruno, 2 votes, 4.44%
      - 'Fame's Penny Trumpet', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - 'The Sailor's Wife', 4 votes, 8.89%
      - 'Solitude', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - 'A pig tale' from Sylvie and Bruno, 3 votes, 6.67%
      - 'The Valley of the Shadow of Death', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - 'The 3 Sunsets', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - 'An Easter Greeting', 5 votes, 11.11%
      - 'Theme and Variations', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - 'Novelty and Romancement', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - 'A Lesson In Latin', 2 votes, 4.44%
      - 'The Path of Roses', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - Sylvie and Bruno (in its entirety), 4 votes, 8.89%
      - 'Stolen Waters', 1 votes, 2.22%
      - 'The 3 Voices', 2 votes, 4.44%
      - 'Phantasmagoria', 0 votes, 0.00%
      - 'Faces in the Fire', 0 votes, 0.00%
      - The Hunting of the Snark, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, 0 votes, 0.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lewiscarroll

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
        The following lewiscarroll poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Favorite Chapter in Looking-Glass

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - Looking-Glass House, 2 votes, 9.09%
        - The Garden of Live Flowers, 3 votes, 13.64%
        - Looking-Glass Insects, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Tweedledum and Tweedledee, 1 votes, 4.55%
        - Wool and Water, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Humpty Dumpty, 10 votes, 45.45%
        - The Lion and the Unicorn, 1 votes, 4.55%
        - "It's My Own Invention", 4 votes, 18.18%
        - Queen Alice, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Shaking, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Waking, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Which Dreamed It?, 1 votes, 4.55%

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2003
          The following lewiscarroll poll is now closed. Here are the
          final results:

          POLL QUESTION: What kind of "Alice" film would you
          prefer for theatrical release in the
          coming year?

          CHOICES AND RESULTS
          - A Live Action Film (with computer special effects) from the same people who brought you "The Lord of the Rings", 6 votes, 35.29%
          - A Clamation Film from the same people who brought you "Chicken Run" and the "Wallace and Gromit" shorts (Parks), 5 votes, 29.41%
          - A Computer Animated Film from the same people who brought you "Toy Story" (Pixar), 3 votes, 17.65%
          - A Traditional Animation Film from Disney or Dreamworks , 0 votes, 0.00%
          - None of the above---give me the Elton John/Tim Rice Musical on Broadway!, 3 votes, 17.65%

          INDIVIDUAL VOTES
          - A Live Action Film (with computer special effects) from the same people who brought you "The Lord of the Rings"
          - rj_carter2001@...
          - KitKuri@...
          - lolita@...
          - pixyfin@...
          - keith.ss@...
          - lil_poiple_ash@...
          - A Clamation Film from the same people who brought you "Chicken Run" and the "Wallace and Gromit" shorts (Parks)
          - edinger@...
          - dutchalice@...
          - ansley@...
          - DOYLE60@...
          - sherpa.peter@...
          - A Computer Animated Film from the same people who brought you "Toy Story" (Pixar)
          - AnotherShrubbery@...
          - altrove2002@...
          - pigbaby@...
          - wot2do2002@...
          - MarkIsrael@...
          - aliciaannoliver@...

          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lewiscarroll

          http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
        • Bryan Talbot
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2003
            Just to keep you informed: it looks as if the pamphlets (?) "The Will" etc
            owned by LC were by someone other than Wllm Hogarth.

            Bryan

            _______________________________________________ http://www.bryan-talbot.com

            Nice prints! Visit:

            http://www.podgallery.com/index.cfm?page=catdetails&category=305&From=262

            Brand new Luther Arkwright website!

            http://www.modernvikings.com/luther-arkwright/
          • Mark Israel <MarkIsrael@aol.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2003
              Perhaps you've lost interest if they're not by the artist. But I
              suppose the next thing to do would be to check the Dictionary of
              National Biography for other plausible Hogarths (including the 2
              clergymen I mentioned).
            • Bryan Talbot
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 21, 2003
                > Perhaps you've lost interest if they're not by the artist. But I
                > suppose the next thing to do would be to check the Dictionary of
                > National Biography for other plausible Hogarths (including the 2
                > clergymen I mentioned).

                Thanks, Mark, but it was specifically Wllm Hogarth I was looking for. I
                can't use the others in the context of the book.