Re: can you help me?

  • larryhall@tauspace.freeserve.co.uk
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2001
      The Care Bears, yup, missed that one but in my defence I haven't
      found an excuse to watch it yet, being somewhat above respectable
      Care-Bears-watching age. I suppose the Jaberwock's the dragon they're
      all riding on, on the video sleeve illustration. There's nothing
      nasty in Care Bear country.

      The Jaberwocky film, yes, not an Alice film so I missed it.
      "The Jaberwock, a monster so terrifying that people caught the plague
      to avoid it". This was a 1977 UK production of course by Terry
      Gilliam with Terry Jones and starring Michael Palin. Gilliam
      describes Jaberwocky as "A play on neologisms and linguistic
      hieroglyphics, situated somewhere between mathematical theorem and
      literary pastime." The Jaberwock was actually a man in a rubber suit
      walking backwards. Peter Salmon is credited as "The Monster" (he's
      now the new director of Sport for the BBC). Gilliam is a long-term
      Carroll fan. He describes the little girl in his "Baron Munchausen"
      film as his vision of Alice.

      Tskkk, tskkk, AND I forgot the Muppets version of Jaberwocky with
      Brook Shields .... any more????

      Larry.

      --- In lewiscarroll@y..., AnisaT@a... wrote:
      > You forgot the Canadian offering 'Care Bears in Wonderland' (I
      think it was
      > called) and, the most impressive Jabberwock of all, the 'Monty
      Python tean