LC and artists

  • Jenny
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2001
      Thanks Hugues, but I can't open the attachment - infact, I can't
      even see it. Perhaps I'm just being dumb about computers
      (definitely more than likely!) but if it really isn't there, then
      perhaps there's some other way of sending it to the group
      Jenny
    • HLebailly@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2001
        Here's a second attempt ! Sorry if I did something wrong yesterday !
        Hugues
      • gingko55@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2001
          Dear Hugues,

          Just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing your research on LC and
          artists. You're AWFULLY (in the truest sense of the word) generous.

          Ummmmm ... do you have a similar list of LC's interactions with
          photographers? You know he TRIED to see Lady H(awarden) but she
          evaded him (jumping into her carriage at one point when she saw him
          coming -- okay, I admit that's my construction of the incident).

          I'm presently gearing up (read: drinking more coffee) to write the
          catalog entries on two of Carroll's nudes for the "Victorian Nude"
          exhibition -- you and Diane Waggoner have been so helpful to me ...
          thanks again!

          Yours,

          Virginia (Dodier)
        • HLebailly@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 23, 2001
            Dear Virginia Dodier,
            I attach to this mail the list you required : it it much shorter than the
            other one, as CLD cut short to nearly any contact with fellow photographers
            after 1865.
            Send me a line if any other list from my PHD dissertation can be useful to
            you (or if you are interested in a copy of the four microfiles on which it is
            reproduced in full - but in French, with quotations in English ; I could send
            it to your private or professional address by snailmail).
            Hugues