Re: [lewiscarroll] Re: Go Ask ALice

  • Joanna Slotkin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2000
      I read Go Ask Alice a long time ago, and yes, it is about a girl who starts
      out fine, then becomes addicted to drugs.
      The name Alice is only mentioned at one point during the book. If I remember
      correctly, the main character runs into a girl named Alice who is "trying to
      find her way home," or some such thing. The main character's feelings are
      reflected in this separate character of Alice. Alice wants to get out of
      Wonderland, the main character wants to get "home," out of the world of
      drugs and back to her normal life. I had great fun interpreting that scene.

      Hope I've been a help,
      Joanna

    • Richard Anthony Astley-Clemas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2004
        --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Jenny" <jenny@j...> wrote:
        > Someone was asking if I knew anything about a book called "Go Ask
        > ALice" which was banned in some US school districts or something.
        > What's it about? Or can I guess? (groan) maybe I'm wrong - I hope
        > I'm wrong
        >
        > But anyway, can anyone enlighten about this book please??
        >
        > Jenny
        The title comes from a line in Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit.
        lists a number of Links to sites called <go ask alice>.
        The best one is the Alice Clock which does amazing tricks