Re: To 42 and Back

  • knaveofarts
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
      Arne:

      I am willing to accept your mathematical wizardry. My calculator says that 22/7 is 3.142857. If that's not pi, then I submit that it is better than pi. Let the mathematicians eat their pie; all the more cake and ice cream for me.

      Incidentally, you are probably wondering where the 30 comes from? It is the sum of three 10s, and this can be proved by rigorous mathematical calculation, but it is also the sum of 3 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 8 + 5 + 7. Which is 22/7. Which is not pi. Or so you say.