Aloice themed tea room wins award

  • Keith W
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 12, 2013
      All,

      Davenports tea rooms, in Acton Bridge Cheshire, which is not far from the site in Morphany Lane where Lewis Carroll was born in 1832, has won an award for the best tea room in the UK.

      The tea room is ‘Alice’ themed with the owner having painted scenes from ‘Alice’ on the walls. Also there are pictures of the Dodgson family and of Alice Liddell displayed plus the owners collection of ‘Alice’ memorabilia.

      Well worth a visit if you are in Cheshire!

      Best wishes,

      Keith – Daresbury LC Society.
    • Keith W
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 22, 2013
        All,

        I had a list of members of this group who requested a PDF copy of the Daresbury magazine and I’m aware that some email addresses on that list are now defunct.

        If you would like a copy of the magazine in PDF form would you send me an email please. I tried to post the PDF on the site last time but it was rejected.

        This edition has an article on Tenniel in it and some amusing parodies from August Imholtz – plus the usual local news.

        Regards,

        Keith

      • Keith Sheppard
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 22, 2013

          Thanks Keith

          Yes, I would be quite interested to receive the PDF.

          Regards

          Keith Sheppard

          Welcome to the Crazyverse.

          Keith Sheppard's "Welcome to the Crazyverse" and "Wonderland Revisited and the Games Alice Played There" are available now from Amazon, Fishpond and all good bookshops.

          Want an author for your book week? I also offer school/library visits and literacy courses in the Berkshire area. See web site for details.

          http://www.WriterMan.org.uk

        • Doug Howick
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 22, 2013

            Yes please Keith.  I enjoy reading it!

            Kind regards,

            doug-colour.JPG

            I had a list of members of this group who requested a PDF copy of the Daresbury magazine and I’m aware that some email addresses on that list are now defunct.

            If you would like a copy of the magazine in PDF form would you send me an email please. I tried to post the PDF on the site last time but it was rejected.

            This edition has an article on Tenniel in it and some amusing parodies from August Imholtz – plus the usual local news.

            Regards,

            Keith

            No virus found in this message.

          • Mahendra Singh
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
              Yes, indeed, I enjoy your journal very much and wish to continue receiving it.

              best
              Mahendra Singh

              MAHENDRA SINGH: FREELANCE ILLUSTRATION and ART DIRECTION

              • Editor of the Knight Letter, journal of the LCSNA
              The Hunting of the Snark Blog
              Illustration Samples
              Represented by Oliver Mielenz
              follow me on Twitter
              follow me on Tumblr
              • 514.675.1205

              To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
                I always like receiving the Daresbury magazine.
                And there will soon be a new Evertype publication of special interest for it!

              • Keith W
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
                  Michael,

                  you hinting at the scouse edition? I was with June Lornie on Saturday!

                  I’ll send out the Daresbury magazine tomorrow evening when I’ve put the contacts into my Daresbury folder.

                  Regards,

                  Keith W

                  Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:56 PM

                  I always like receiving the Daresbury magazine.
                  And there will soon be a new Evertype publication of special interest for it!

                  No virus found in this message.

                • angeldance66
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
                    I'd like to see it. My email is jenifer@....

                    Thanks!

                    Jenifer

                    --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith W" <keith@...> wrote:

                    > All,
                    > I had a list of members of this group who requested a PDF copy of the Daresbury magazine and I’m aware that some email addresses on that list are now defunct.
                    > If you would like a copy of the magazine in PDF form would you send me an email please. I tried to post the PDF on the site last time but it was rejected.
                    > This edition has an article on Tenniel in it and some amusing parodies from August Imholtz â€" plus the usual local news.
                    > Regards,
                    > Keith

                  • michele rosenberg
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
                      Please send it to me in PDF.  michel.rosenberg@...

                      Thanks

                      On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM, angeldance66 <jenifer@...> wrote:

                      I'd like to see it. My email is jenifer@....

                      Thanks!

                      Jenifer

                      --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith W" <keith@...> wrote:

                      > All,
                      > I had a list of members of this group who requested a PDF copy of the Daresbury magazine and I’m aware that some email addresses on that list are now defunct.

                      > If you would like a copy of the magazine in PDF form would you send me an email please. I tried to post the PDF on the site last time but it was rejected.
                      > This edition has an article on Tenniel in it and some amusing parodies from August Imholtz â€" plus the usual local news.
                      > Regards,
                      > Keith

                    • neil nicholson
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
                        Please send it to me in PDF. neilnicholson2004@...

                        Thank you.

                        > I had a list of members of this group who requested a PDF copy of the Daresbury magazine and I’m aware that some email addresses on that list are now defunct.

                        > If you would like a copy of the magazine in PDF form would you send me an email please. I tried to post the PDF on the site last time but it was rejected.
                        > This edition has an article on Tenniel in it and some amusing parodies from August Imholtz â€" plus the usual local news.
                        > Regards,
                        > Keith

                      • Maria Bodmann
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 26, 2013
                          Keith I would so like to receive a pdf if you can still send it - maria@...

                          I would have sent this note off list but it seems impossible to do that.

                          Best wishes,
                          maRia

                          -- Maria Bodmann Ph: 818/837-9485 Fax: 801/904-6509 maria@... http://www.balibeyond.com http://www.balibeyond.com/alice/alice.html

                          To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
                          From: neilnicholson2004@...
                          Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:11:21 +0100

                          Please send it to me in PDF. neilnicholson2004@...

                          Thank you.

                          > I had a list of members of this group who requested a PDF copy of the Daresbury magazine and I’m aware that some email addresses on that list are now defunct.

                          > If you would like a copy of the magazine in PDF form would you send me an email please. I tried to post the PDF on the site last time but it was rejected.
                          > This edition has an article on Tenniel in it and some amusing parodies from August Imholtz â€" plus the usual local news.
                          > Regards,
                          > Keith

                        • michele rosenberg

                            From: neilnicholson2004@...
                            Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:11:21 +0100

                            Please send it to me in PDF. neilnicholson2004@...

                            Thank you.

                            > I had a list of members of this group who requested a PDF copy of the Daresbury magazine and I’m aware that some email addresses on that list are now defunct.

                            > If you would like a copy of the magazine in PDF form would you send me an email please. I tried to post the PDF on the site last time but it was rejected.
                            > This edition has an article on Tenniel in it and some amusing parodies from August Imholtz â€" plus the usual local news.
                            > Regards,
                            > Keith

                          • Keith W
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 14 9:33 PM
                            Michele,

                            it was definitely sent – I’ve checked my list and your email address is on it.

                            I’ll attach it to this email – could you let me know if it arrives in your in box?

                            Best wishes,

                            Keith

                            From: neilnicholson2004@...
                            Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:11:21 +0100

                            Please send it to me in PDF. neilnicholson2004@...

                            Thank you.

                            I'd like to see it. My email is mailto:jenifer%40toast.net.

                            Thanks!

                            Jenifer

                            Message 14 of 17 , Jun 17 6:16 PM
                              Thank you.  I did receive the attachment and enjoyed the articles.

                              [Attachment(s) from Keith W included below]

                              From: neilnicholson2004@...
                              Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:11:21 +0100