Re: Q

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 9, 2013
      As an Antipodean myself I have always had a suspicion that the ill-fated Snark hunting expedition might have been based on some of the explorational voyages of those who sailed to the southern parts of the Pacific Ocean. Naturalists and explorers flocked to the shores of the Great South Land and an awful lot of them either got lost en route to these parts or while exploring the vast uncharted continent.

      And Captain Cook's ship the Endeavour certainly did get snarked on the Great Barrier Reef while he was exploring the east coast of Australia.