rabbit's watch

  • Adriana Peliano
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2012
      Hi all!

      I don't know if this topic was already discussed. Maybe.

      Why the time in the white rabbit's watch changes from Tenniel's illustrations in Alice in Wonderland to Nursery Alice?

      thanks

      Adriana
    • Michael Everson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2012
        On 10 Oct 2012, at 21:00, Adriana Peliano wrote:

        > Why the time in the white rabbit's watch changes from Tenniel's illustrations in Alice in Wonderland to Nursery Alice?

        In Alice the time looks to be 11:30 or 17:55.

        In the Nursery Alice the time looks to be 13:55 or 14:00.

        I doubt if there is a significance.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2012
          Victoria Waks, a writer in the USA, has released a book based upon LC and Guildford. It is called RabbitHole by V.J. Waks. Victoria sent a copy and it was reviewed in the Cheshire Lewis Carroll Society’s magazine The Chronicle. The book is available on Amazon at £10.47. It is in the genre of the latest ‘Alice’ film and the author describes herself and the book:-

          ‘A writer of award winning Science Fiction/Fantasy, VJ WAKS is pleased to announce the release of her third novel and first Dark Fantasy novel RABBITHOLE, now available on Amazon. The story of Caspian Hythe's journey into a strange and perilous universe is intimately connected with the works of Lewis Carroll but takes the reader far afield, into new realms of intense visual imagery, sorcery and romance. October 19, 2012 takes the author herself into new depths, as she undertakes a workshop in writing in the English Library in Geneva, Switzerland, reading from her works, and illustrating techniques used in RABBITHOLE, TAU4 and HAMMERSPACE.’
          It’s worth a read!

          Keith

          Rabbit Hole