Re: [lewiscarroll] Picnic at the Lewis Caroll birthplace: What food?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2012
      We have always taken jam tarts and sandwiches. Mock turtle soup is only a good idea if you have a stove!

      Used to always picnic there before the National Trust ruined the place!

      If you let me know when you’re going I’ll come and share your sandwiches! However, if you want a meal in an Alice themed farm shop cafe you should visit Davenports farm shop at Acton Bridge – their tea room has pictures of Alice themes on the walls and info on Lewis Carroll in frames. CW8 4QU for sat nav or down the A49 going south. Only a couple of miles from the birthplace site.

      Regards,

      Keith W

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2012
        Hi I'm not sure why / how an email was sent using my name and email address. Hopefully I am still in the group. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know.

        Hopefully it was a one time thing, but I wanted you to know I did not send that email.

        Best,
        maRia

        -- MaRia Bodmann Ph: 818/837-9485 Fax: 801/904-6509 maria@... http://balibeyond.com http://aliceintheshadows.com http://mariabodmann.com