Re: [lewiscarroll] Awful Trip....Mitchell Locks

  • Jeremy Browning
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2012
      All

      I'd have hoped we're all a bit savvy on this mailing list, but just in case you're tempted to offer help - this is a scam (and not a very good one, either).

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2012
        The Oxford Mail has carried an article about a new museum in Oxford which tells the history of the town and has as one exhibit a map of Victorian Oxford.

        I am working on an article for my Daresbury Magazine showing images of Victorian Oxford which LC knew well, these show that it was quite a bit different from what Oxford is now!

        If anyone has been to the museum, which opened yesterday, then a review would be appreciated.

        Regards,

        Keith W (Daresbury LC Society.)
      • MITCHELL LOCKS
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 24, 2012
          Dear Keith:
          Perhaps anyone who is able to research the contents of the Oxford Museum to find information about LC could also help me in verifying my solution to the logic problem in his "Symbolic Logic" which he called the "soritesis." This solution is that there was a policeman named Amos Judd on his beat, a cousin of his cook, who "supped" with her, who was a long-haired poet that liked cod mutton and had never been to jail. I presume, of course, that it would be difficult to verify all of these facts from records or exhibits that are available in the Museum or elsewhere, but one or two of them would be useful in helping validate my solution. For example, was there a policeman named Amos Judd, etc? Thanks for the information about the Museum.Good luck in your own quest.
          Mitchell

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2012
            Hi,

            I’ll have a look through my stuff for Amos Judd but rarely do policemen get mentioned by name in photos. Write to Sadie Paige at the museum, she might be able to help.

            I’ve dozens of ideas from the magazine so thanks for your best wishes,

            Keith W

            Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:09 AM
            Subject: Re: [lewiscarroll] Oxford Museum

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2012
              Thanks Keith. Would you be so kind as to send me Sadie Paige's or the Museum's email address. It would be appreciated.
              Mitch.

              Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:09 AM

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 25, 2012
                Hi again,

                the museum is in St. Aldgate's and the site address is http://www.oxford.gov.uk/museumofoxford

                There is a link on there for queries which I have not tried so cannot say how good they are at replies!

                Keith W.

                Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 7:20 AM

                Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:09 AM