RE: [lewiscarroll] novidades

  • Doug Howick
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2010

    Dear Adriana,

    Can you please explain to me:

    ·        How I log on to the site as a Member

    ·        How I access my profile that you have on the site

    ·        How I contribute to blog discussion or start a new topic

    I’m sorry to be so “clueless” but I haven’t been able to work this out for myself.

    Now that I have seen much more of your own work on the site, I have a better idea of the sort of illustrations/art/interpretations that you like (prefer?).  They may not be mine but still they are interesting.

    You may therefore like the attached illustrations by Jean-Marie Renier for an edition of Snark.  I do not – but that may be because I do not understand them.  I would be interested in your comments.

    Keep smiling!

    Doug H

    Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
      Adriana, welcome to the list. I wish I could say it in Portuguese.

      Doug, so glad you were able to understand this post so the poster was able to get a reply. I think I now know what the original said.

      A few thoughts arising:
      I am 100% in favour of subscribers who do not have English as a first language posting in their own; the Internet is far too Anglophone-centred as it is. However it's always useful to have a translator on hand for the benefit of those of us who can't speak, e.g., Portuguese (I know just enough Portuguese to know that Adriana's posting wasn't Spanish).
      Someone could always have a go at putting it through an online translating machine, but while this would probably give us all a laugh it almost certainly wouldn't disclose the meaning.

      Here's a thought. Maybe it would be useful, for future reference, to know which of our members are equipped to translate from which languages, so others who don't have English as a first or even 2nd/3rd language can still communicate here - making it a truly international centre of communications!
      Perhaps we could have a list on the Home page of which languages we can handle. For starters, I can do French and German - and indeed Latin, so native Latin speakers will have no problem.
      What do you think Michael?

      All the best

      Mike

      --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Howick" <doug@...> wrote:

      > Dear Adriana,
      >

      > Can you please explain to me:
      >
      > · How I log on to the site as a Member
      >
      > · How I access my profile that you have on the site
      >
      > · How I contribute to blog discussion or start a new topic
      >
      > I'm sorry to be so "clueless" but I haven't been able to work this out for
      > myself.
      >

      > Now that I have seen much more of your own work on the site, I have a better
      > idea of the sort of illustrations/art/interpretations that you like
      > (prefer?). They may not be mine but still they are interesting.
      >

      > You may therefore like the attached illustrations by Jean-Marie Renier for
      > an edition of Snark. I do not – but that may be because I do not understand
      > them. I would be interested in your comments.
      >

      > Keep smiling!
      >

      > Doug H

    • Adriana Peliano
      Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
        Hello

        sorry, I didn't understand the first part of the email.

        about the questions:

        Our site is under construction. As soon it is ready, I will send the links for you. It will make more clear the characteristics and the activities of the Lewis Carroll Society of Brazil.

        We have two main blogs:

        (mainly arts and short topics)

        (longer articles, mostly in portuguese, some in english)

        there is no membership for the blogs, you can be follower if you want to know when I post something new. To do that you need to link at the right of the blog in the section followers where appears small pictures of the pother followers.

        to be a member of The Lewis Carroll Society of Brazil you just need to send a photograph and a resume. you can se the members here:

        I didn't see the illustrations you mentioned. If you want, send me to my email: alicemaravilha@...

        best wishes

        Adriana

        On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Mike <mikeindex2001@...> wrote:

        Adriana, welcome to the list. I wish I could say it in Portuguese.

        Doug, so glad you were able to understand this post so the poster was able to get a reply. I think I now know what the original said.

        A few thoughts arising:
        I am 100% in favour of subscribers who do not have English as a first language posting in their own; the Internet is far too Anglophone-centred as it is. However it's always useful to have a translator on hand for the benefit of those of us who can't speak, e.g., Portuguese (I know just enough Portuguese to know that Adriana's posting wasn't Spanish).
        Someone could always have a go at putting it through an online translating machine, but while this would probably give us all a laugh it almost certainly wouldn't disclose the meaning.

        Here's a thought. Maybe it would be useful, for future reference, to know which of our members are equipped to translate from which languages, so others who don't have English as a first or even 2nd/3rd language can still communicate here - making it a truly international centre of communications!
        Perhaps we could have a list on the Home page of which languages we can handle. For starters, I can do French and German - and indeed Latin, so native Latin speakers will have no problem.
        What do you think Michael?

        All the best

        Mike

        --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Howick" <doug@...> wrote:

        > Dear Adriana,
        >

        > Can you please explain to me:
        >
        > · How I log on to the site as a Member
        >
        > · How I access my profile that you have on the site
        >
        > · How I contribute to blog discussion or start a new topic
        >
        > I'm sorry to be so "clueless" but I haven't been able to work this out for
        > myself.
        >

        > Now that I have seen much more of your own work on the site, I have a better
        > idea of the sort of illustrations/art/interpretations that you like
        > (prefer?). They may not be mine but still they are interesting.
        >

        > You may therefore like the attached illustrations by Jean-Marie Renier for
        > an edition of Snark. I do not – but that may be because I do not understand
        > them. I would be interested in your comments.
        >

        > Keep smiling!
        >

        > Doug H

      • Adele Cammarata
        Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
          Hi, I can try to translate from Portuguese Adriana's message:

          Subject: News

          > olá queridos

          Hi my dears,

          > estou fazendo uma pesquisa para escrever um artigo sobre a presença de Alice
          > no surrealismo. adoraria receber dicas e sugestões.

          I'm looking for material to write an article about Alice's presence in Surrealism, and would like to receive your tips and suggestions.

          > vistem o blog que tem novidades incríveis sobre o tema. por enquanto estou
          > deixando pistas, em breve publicarei o artigo.

          Please, visit the blog that has got incredible news about this theme, because I'm writing something as long as I discover things, and in a short time I'll publish the article.

          > beijos

          Kisses,

          > adriana
          >

          > http://alicenations.blogspot.com/

          (I've tried! the sense should be correct :)
          adele
          .

        • Adriana Peliano
          Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
            Hello!

            I'm sorry, now I understood the situation. I have sent this email by mistake. the intention was to write to a Brazillian carrollian group. Thanks Adele

            Adriana

            On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Adele Cammarata <adelecammarata@...> wrote:

            Hi, I can try to translate from Portuguese Adriana's message:

            Hi my dears,

            > estou fazendo uma pesquisa para escrever um artigo sobre a presença de Alice
            > no surrealismo. adoraria receber dicas e sugestões.

            I'm looking for material to write an article about Alice's presence in Surrealism, and would like to receive your tips and suggestions.

            > vistem o blog que tem novidades incríveis sobre o tema. por enquanto estou
            > deixando pistas, em breve publicarei o artigo.

            Please, visit the blog that has got incredible news about this theme, because I'm writing something as long as I discover things, and in a short time I'll publish the article.

            > beijos

            Kisses,