Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved

Expand Messages
  • Keith
    Karoline, I d make a terrible husband! However, I ll tell you what I will do for you. If you send me your address, off list of course, then I ll send you a
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 21, 2010
      Karoline,
       
      I'd make a terrible husband!
       
      However, I'll tell you what I will do for you. If you send me your address, off list of course, then I'll send you a copy of the latest Daresbury magazine which is out this week. You can then write 'letter to the editor' telling me where I have gone wrong! I guarantee to publish whatever you say as long as it is objective.
       
      Regards,
       
      Keith
       
       
       
       
       
       

      Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:27 PM
      Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved

       

      Oh Keith I actually want to marry you. You know what you think, don't feel any need to prove it and don't wanna talk to anyone who doesn't agree with you - and all because you're afraid of being close-minded!

      This is why you're such fun to have around. ;-)

      xxk

      --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@...> wrote:

      >
      > Karoline,
      >
      > no I
      think not! I am quite happy with my position on LC and don't feel the need to justify it to anyone else. Any talking I do is in my Daresbury Chronicle, the magazine for the Daresbury LC Society, if I have anything at all I wish to say then I do it in there.
      >
      > Nice to hear from you though,
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Keith
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > From: karoline5667
      > Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:45
      AM
      > To:
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
      >
      >
      >
      > Oh my, that's a bold claim you make about never
      sticking to an opinion despite evidence to the contrary! Can you support it? How about you list your opinions about LC's life work, etc and let's see if they all accord with the available evidence? ;-)
      >
      > (much more fun than
      writing this thing I am supposed to be finishing)
      >
      > xxk
      >
      > --- In
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Very good! You did an
      excellent job of twisting my meaning to make it appear that I have a closed mind. Very well done!
      > >
      > > Just one small snag though - I
      have never expressed an opinion that I stick to despite the evidence being to the contrary. The fact is that I don't agree with them not that they do not agree with me! However, I applaud your efforts there, I cannot match you - you should be a government spin doctor!
      > >
      > > Treat me to some
      more logic please!
      > >
      > > Best wishes and in awe,
      > >
      > > Keith
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > From: karoline5667
      > > Sent:
      Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:46 AM
      > > To:
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has
      moved
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > Oh
      Keith I adore you - you're not gonna talk to people you don't agree with because you don't want to have a closed mind!
      > >
      > > Excellent, you
      made my morning brighter :-)
      > >
      > > xxk
      > >
      > > visit our blog:
      href="http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog">http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
      > >
      > > --- In
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > >
      Karoline,
      > > >
      > > > I prefer to preserve my
      intellectual freedom rather than toe a party line so I'll stay away from both! Never been one for the closed mind.
      > > >
      > > > As a LC
      scholar and researcher all I can advise your Spanish chappie is that his own proclivities are irrelevant to the discussion about CLD. I would suggest that he does some research into CLD's ways rather than speculate about things he apparently knows nothing about.
      > > >
      > > >
      Regards,
      > > >
      > > > Keith
      > > >
      > > > PS hope some of the members on this site can get to Darlington and see
      the exhibition!
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > From:
      karoline5667
      > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:25
      PM
      > > > To:
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
      > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has
      moved
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      You're thinking about that proboards forum that was started a while ago. Contrariwise is just a little blog. We do moderate comments - cuz if we don't then we get avalanched in obscene stuff. But *any* non-obscene comment is published, whatever the opinions expressed. We even allowed some Spanish 'child-lover' to have his say about how LC was actually a 'good' pedo, which made it all ok.
      > > >
      > > > (why can't I stop posting
      here? It's just more human madness)
      > > >
      > > > visit
      us at http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
      > > >
      > > > k
      > > >
      > > > ---
      In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
      > > > >
      > > > >
      Karoline,
      > > > >
      > > > > Lewis Carroll is
      perhaps harder to assess and get a measure of than many because he left so much contradictory information about himself. Very few subjects leave a full diary and very few subjects write works that can be 'interpreted' as meaning many things by people wanting to hang something on him, or who simply wish to make a few quid or a name for themselves by saying LC was this or that and using the contradictory evidence to 'prove' their point. The 'Jack the Ripper' author who failed to do his research properly is a case in point.
      > > > >
      > > > > We are all, as you say, eccentrics - I'd not go as far
      as saying mad! However, I prefer free expression without the heavy hand of a moderator so I stay clear of contrariwise. I do my own thing in my Daresbury Chronicle and as editor and publisher I have nobody to answer to!
      > > > >
      > > > > Regards,
      > > > >
      > > > > Keith
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > > From: karoline5667
      > > > > Sent:
      Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:51 PM
      > > > > To:
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
      > > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has
      moved
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > >
      > > > > Hello Keith (again)
      > > > > So far as I
      remember the debate was totally free - don't think it was even moderated as much then as it is now. Look at the wide variation of opinions being expressed!
      > > > >
      > > > > Does anyone ever have
      the measure of anyone? All you have in the end is evidence and opinions - but those opinions should at least be *based* on the evidence. I think my favourite part of a certain biography is the bit that begins something like "despite all outward appearance..." and goes on to describe what the author just *knows* LC was thinking, even though everything he did and said (that pesky outward appearance) pointed to the exact opposite. Quite mad. But we're all insane really, we just manifest it in different ways.
      > > > >
      > > > > (Argh. I'm only doing all this discussing here because I don't
      want to get down to any real work; someone has to stop me).
      > > > >
      > > > > k
      > > > >
      > > > >
      --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Karoline,
      > > > > >
      > > > > > there
      were but I prefer free debate rather than debate to confirm someone's opinion. I don't think anyone has the measure of CLD!
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Regards,
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Keith
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      From: karoline5667
      > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 20,
      2010 6:51 PM
      > > > > > To:
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
      > > > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog
      has moved
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Hello Keith
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Oh, but there used to be wonderful debates
      here at one time when 'controversial' things were being discussed. I think it's a great shame they don't happen any more.
      > > > > >
      > > > > > Drop by the blog any time. It's not that forum you are
      talking about (I think), it's just a blog attached to the Contrariwise site.
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      href="http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog">http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
      > > > > > :-)
      > > > > >
      > > > > >
      xxk
      > > > > >
      > > > > > --- In
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Karoline,
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > it was controversy which reduced it down and also barred some
      members from going to the other site!
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Keith
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > From: karoline5667
      > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:37 PM
      > > > > > > To:
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
      > > > > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the
      blog has moved
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Hey James!
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Ha, yes blogs are what it takes to be down
      with the kids now.
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > There have been some very ineresting discussions on Contrariwise since it
      began - especially the one provoked by the Wasp in the Wig post - and I hope you do become a regular there!
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > But hopefully also this old list will wake up again, like
      Sleeping Beauty from her slumbers, as soon as someone says something 'controversial' ;-)
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      href="http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog">http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > --- In
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "JamesB" <jdbuch123@> wrote:
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > --- In
      href="mailto:lewiscarroll%40yahoogroups.com">lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "karoline5667" <karoline@> wrote:
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > If I can just squeeze into the
      cacophonic discussion going on here at
      > > > > > > > > the moment... [;)]
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > > the Contrariwise blog has moved to
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      href="http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog">http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
      > > > > > > > > <
      href="http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog">http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog>
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > >
      Remember when this little morgue was a hotbed of interesting debate?
      > > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > Yes, I di.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > > > It is time to move on, so I'll
      get modern and do the blog dance instead. I look forward to reading you again, Karoline.
      > > > > > > >
      > > > > > >
      > > > > >
      > > > >
      > > >
      > >
      >



    • karoline5667
      I am loving that you are on an e-list but will only communicate your opinions by snail-mail! :-) I think it s an image to end on, adding anything else will
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 21, 2010
        I am loving that you are on an e-list but will only communicate your opinions by snail-mail! :-)

        I think it's an image to end on, adding anything else will only spoil it. ;-)

        k



        --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@...> wrote:
        >
        > Karoline,
        >
        > I'd make a terrible husband!
        >
        > However, I'll tell you what I will do for you. If you send me your address, off list of course, then I'll send you a copy of the latest Daresbury magazine which is out this week. You can then write 'letter to the editor' telling me where I have gone wrong! I guarantee to publish whatever you say as long as it is objective.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Keith
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > From: karoline5667
        > Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:27 PM
        > To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
        >
        >
        >
        > Oh Keith I actually want to marry you. You know what you think, don't feel any need to prove it and don't wanna talk to anyone who doesn't agree with you - and all because you're afraid of being close-minded!
        >
        > This is why you're such fun to have around. ;-)
        >
        > xxk
        >
        > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Karoline,
        > >
        > > no I think not! I am quite happy with my position on LC and don't feel the need to justify it to anyone else. Any talking I do is in my Daresbury Chronicle, the magazine for the Daresbury LC Society, if I have anything at all I wish to say then I do it in there.
        > >
        > > Nice to hear from you though,
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Keith
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > From: karoline5667
        > > Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:45 AM
        > > To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
        > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > Oh my, that's a bold claim you make about never sticking to an opinion despite evidence to the contrary! Can you support it? How about you list your opinions about LC's life work, etc and let's see if they all accord with the available evidence? ;-)
        > >
        > > (much more fun than writing this thing I am supposed to be finishing)
        > >
        > > xxk
        > >
        > > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Very good! You did an excellent job of twisting my meaning to make it appear that I have a closed mind. Very well done!
        > > >
        > > > Just one small snag though - I have never expressed an opinion that I stick to despite the evidence being to the contrary. The fact is that I don't agree with them not that they do not agree with me! However, I applaud your efforts there, I cannot match you - you should be a government spin doctor!
        > > >
        > > > Treat me to some more logic please!
        > > >
        > > > Best wishes and in awe,
        > > >
        > > > Keith
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > From: karoline5667
        > > > Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:46 AM
        > > > To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
        > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Oh Keith I adore you - you're not gonna talk to people you don't agree with because you don't want to have a closed mind!
        > > >
        > > > Excellent, you made my morning brighter :-)
        > > >
        > > > xxk
        > > >
        > > > visit our blog: http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
        > > >
        > > > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
        > > > >
        > > > > Karoline,
        > > > >
        > > > > I prefer to preserve my intellectual freedom rather than toe a party line so I'll stay away from both! Never been one for the closed mind.
        > > > >
        > > > > As a LC scholar and researcher all I can advise your Spanish chappie is that his own proclivities are irrelevant to the discussion about CLD. I would suggest that he does some research into CLD's ways rather than speculate about things he apparently knows nothing about.
        > > > >
        > > > > Regards,
        > > > >
        > > > > Keith
        > > > >
        > > > > PS hope some of the members on this site can get to Darlington and see the exhibition!
        > > > >
        > > > >
        > > > >
        > > > >
        > > > >
        > > > >
        > > > > From: karoline5667
        > > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:25 PM
        > > > > To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
        > > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
        > > > >
        > > > >
        > > > >
        > > > > You're thinking about that proboards forum that was started a while ago. Contrariwise is just a little blog. We do moderate comments - cuz if we don't then we get avalanched in obscene stuff. But *any* non-obscene comment is published, whatever the opinions expressed. We even allowed some Spanish 'child-lover' to have his say about how LC was actually a 'good' pedo, which made it all ok.
        > > > >
        > > > > (why can't I stop posting here? It's just more human madness)
        > > > >
        > > > > visit us at http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
        > > > >
        > > > > k
        > > > >
        > > > > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
        > > > > >
        > > > > > Karoline,
        > > > > >
        > > > > > Lewis Carroll is perhaps harder to assess and get a measure of than many because he left so much contradictory information about himself. Very few subjects leave a full diary and very few subjects write works that can be 'interpreted' as meaning many things by people wanting to hang something on him, or who simply wish to make a few quid or a name for themselves by saying LC was this or that and using the contradictory evidence to 'prove' their point. The 'Jack the Ripper' author who failed to do his research properly is a case in point.
        > > > > >
        > > > > > We are all, as you say, eccentrics - I'd not go as far as saying mad! However, I prefer free expression without the heavy hand of a moderator so I stay clear of contrariwise. I do my own thing in my Daresbury Chronicle and as editor and publisher I have nobody to answer to!
        > > > > >
        > > > > > Regards,
        > > > > >
        > > > > > Keith
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > > From: karoline5667
        > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:51 PM
        > > > > > To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
        > > > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > > > Hello Keith (again)
        > > > > > So far as I remember the debate was totally free - don't think it was even moderated as much then as it is now. Look at the wide variation of opinions being expressed!
        > > > > >
        > > > > > Does anyone ever have the measure of anyone? All you have in the end is evidence and opinions - but those opinions should at least be *based* on the evidence. I think my favourite part of a certain biography is the bit that begins something like "despite all outward appearance..." and goes on to describe what the author just *knows* LC was thinking, even though everything he did and said (that pesky outward appearance) pointed to the exact opposite. Quite mad. But we're all insane really, we just manifest it in different ways.
        > > > > >
        > > > > > (Argh. I'm only doing all this discussing here because I don't want to get down to any real work; someone has to stop me).
        > > > > >
        > > > > > k
        > > > > >
        > > > > > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Karoline,
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > there were but I prefer free debate rather than debate to confirm someone's opinion. I don't think anyone has the measure of CLD!
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Regards,
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Keith
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > From: karoline5667
        > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:51 PM
        > > > > > > To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
        > > > > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Hello Keith
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Oh, but there used to be wonderful debates here at one time when 'controversial' things were being discussed. I think it's a great shame they don't happen any more.
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > Drop by the blog any time. It's not that forum you are talking about (I think), it's just a blog attached to the Contrariwise site.
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
        > > > > > > :-)
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > xxk
        > > > > > >
        > > > > > > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keith@> wrote:
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > Karoline,
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > it was controversy which reduced it down and also barred some members from going to the other site!
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > Keith
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > From: karoline5667
        > > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:37 PM
        > > > > > > > To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
        > > > > > > > Subject: [lewiscarroll] Re: Contrariwise the blog has moved
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > Hey James!
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > Ha, yes blogs are what it takes to be down with the kids now.
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > There have been some very ineresting discussions on Contrariwise since it began - especially the one provoked by the Wasp in the Wig post - and I hope you do become a regular there!
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > But hopefully also this old list will wake up again, like Sleeping Beauty from her slumbers, as soon as someone says something 'controversial' ;-)
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "JamesB" <jdbuch123@> wrote:
        > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "karoline5667" <karoline@> wrote:
        > > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > > > If I can just squeeze into the cacophonic discussion going on here at
        > > > > > > > > > the moment... [;)]
        > > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > > > the Contrariwise blog has moved to
        > > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > > > http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog
        > > > > > > > > > <http://contrariwise.wild-reality.net/blog>
        > > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > > > Remember when this little morgue was a hotbed of interesting debate?
        > > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > > Yes, I di.
        > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > > > It is time to move on, so I'll get modern and do the blog dance instead. I look forward to reading you again, Karoline.
        > > > > > > > >
        > > > > > > >
        > > > > > >
        > > > > >
        > > > >
        > > >
        > >
        >
      • Jeremy Browning
        Perhaps what we need is more bonkersness. You know, I almost miss Goetz, Knaveofarts and LondonBob. J. Remember when this little morgue was a hotbed of
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 21, 2010

          Perhaps what we need is more bonkersness. You know, I almost miss Goetz, Knaveofarts and LondonBob.

           

          J.

           

          <snip>

          Remember when  this little morgue was a hotbed of interesting debate?

          </snip>

        • Doug Howick
          I don t!! Doug H From: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Browning Sent: Friday, 22 October 2010 5:04 PM
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 21, 2010

             

             

            I don’t!!  Doug H

             

             

             

             

             

            From: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Browning
            Sent: Friday, 22 October 2010 5:04 PM
            To: lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: RE: [lewiscarroll] Contrariwise the blog has moved

             

             

            Perhaps what we need is more bonkersness. You know, I almost miss Goetz, Knaveofarts and LondonBob.

             

            J.

             

            <snip>

            Remember when  this little morgue was a hotbed of interesting debate?


          • Michael Everson
            In case anyone is interested, here s the checklist... so far.... Translations of Alice published: Alys in Pow an Anethow (Cornish) Eachtraí Eilíse i dTír na
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 23, 2010
              In case anyone is interested, here's the checklist... so far....

              Translations of Alice published:

              Alys in Pow an Anethow (Cornish)
              Eachtraí Eilíse i dTír na nIontas (Irish)
              Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (English)
              Alice in Wonderland in words of one syllable (English)
              La Aventuroj de Alicio en Mirlando (Esperanto)
              Les aventures d'Alice au pays des merveilles (French)
              Alice’s Abenteuer im Wunderland (German)
              Contoyrtyssyn Ealish ayns Çheer ny Yindyssyn (Manx)
              Anturiaethau Alys yng Ngwlad Hud (Welsh)

              Translations of Alice in preparation:

              Alices Hændelser i Viduderlandet (Danish)
              Le Avventure di Alice nel Paese delle Meraviglie (Italian)
              Alicia in Terra Mirabili (Latin)
              Alice ehr Eventüürn in’t Wunnerland (Low German)
              Los Aventuros de Alis in Marvoland (Neo)
              Ailice's Àventurs in Wunnerland (Scots)
              Alices Äventyr i Sagolandet (Swedish)
              Alice's Carrants in Wunnerlan (Ulster Scots)
              Ventürs jiela Lälid in Stunalän (Volapük)

              Translations of Looking-Glass published:

              Through the Looking and What Alice Found There (English)
              Lastall den Scáthán agus a bhFuair Eilís Ann Roimpi (Irish)
              Aliciae per Speculum Transitus Quaeque Ibi Invenit (Latin; in preparation)

              Other Carroll

              Alice’s Adventures under Ground
              The Nursery “Alice”
              The Hunting of the Snark
              Sylvie and Bruno (in preparation)
              Phantasmagoria (in preparation)

              Sequels

              A New Alice in the Old Wonderland (Anna M. Richards)
              Wonderland Revisited and the Games Alice Played There (Keith Sheppard)
              New Adventures of Alice (John Rae)

              Parodies

              Clara in Blunderland (political parody by Caroline Lewis)
              Lost in Blunderland (political parody by Caroline Lewis)
              The Westminster Alice (political parody by Saki)
              John Bull’s Adventures in the Fiscal Wonderland (economic parody by F. C. Gould)
              Alice in Blunderland (economic parody by J. K. Bangs)
              Alice in Plunderland (political parody by Loris Carllew; in preparation)

              Pastiches

              Gladys in Grammarland (A. M. Allen) & Alice in Grammarland (L. F. Bache)
              Rollo in Emblemland (J. K. Bangs)
              Grammar-land (M. L. Nesbitt)
              Eileen's Adventures in Wordland (Zillah Macdonald)
              Davy and the Goblin (Charles E. Carryl)

              Michael Everson * http://www.evertype.com/
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.