Re: Oxford Alice Day

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2010
      Jenny (and anyone else following this thread)

      It has been brought to my attention that some of the things I said in this thread might be misinterpreted to imply I was in some way let down by the organisers of the Mad Hatter's Lunch Party at the Jam Factory.

      It was only a last minute invitation in the first place (following a chance meeting at the author's panel on the preceding Tuesday) so when the organisers later had to withdraw the invitation due to a conflict of interest, the withdrawal wasn't a great inconvenience to me. The invitation was only outstanding for a short time so cannot be construed as having prevented me from making alternative arrangements.

      I think I may have inadvertently given the impression that it was a long standing arrangement that was reneged on at the last minute. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was flattered to be invited at short notice but fully understood why the invitation had to be subsequently withdrawn.

      I apologise unreservedly if I have somehow conveyed any other impression.