Photos of Lewis Carroll

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2010
      Does anyone know if the photos of Lewis Carroll have ever been collated and analysed in anyway? I was wondering how many extant photos there are (and there seems to be quite a few), and whether anyone had studied the body language of Lewis Carroll in these photos, given that the photos were deliberately posed rather than candid shots.

      I have compiled a list of photos I could find in books or online, if I am missing any please add to the list:

      Extant Photos of Lewis Carroll:
      1. Lewis Carroll as young man with check waistcoat
      2. Lewis Carroll seated against window
      3. Lewis Carroll seated leaning on left hand by Southey(1856)
      4. Reijlander's photo of Lewis Carroll with lens (1863)
      5. Lewis Carroll with Mrs MacDonald and children (1863)
      6. Lewis Carroll seated reading a book, facing left (2 June 1857)
      7. Lewis Carroll seated facing left leaning on left hand
      8. Lewis Carroll reclining in armchair facing right leaning on right hand (1875?)
      9. Lewis Carroll standing at a desk
      10. Lewis Carroll seated at a desk writing (13 March 1874?)
      11. Lewis Carroll seated with book open, facing right
      12. Lewis Carroll older seated with arms folded (possibly model for official Oxford portrait)
      13. Lewis Carroll, older reclining on couch facing camera

      That's all I could find but there might be more.

      Cheers
      Deb
    • Yavanna
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2010
        Could you please attach those photos?

        Que a paz esteja sempre com você!
        Namaste,
        Mirian

        PARTICIPE DA CAMPANHA POR UMA INTERNET SEGURA

        Ao encaminhar esta mensagem, por favor:
        1. Apague o MEU endereço eletrônico;
        2. Apague também os endereços dos amigos antes de reenviar;
        3. Encaminhe como cópia oculta (Cco ou Bcc) aos SEUS destinatários.
        Agindo sempre assim dificultaremos a disseminação de vírus, spams e banners.
        Obrigada!

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2010
          Please do NOT attach the photos.

          You may upload photos to the forum's file archive, however.

        • Yavanna

            You may upload photos to the forum's file archive, however.

            Michael Everson * http://www.evertype .com/

          • Deb
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2010
              I will try and upload what I can... I am not sure that all of them are available online.