Re: [lewiscarroll] Re: People with previously unknown secret family connections with Lewis Carroll

  • fernando soto
    Message 1 of 95 , Sep 7, 2009
      Hi Goetz,

      Who lost his/her temper?  I am just having a little chuckle given all of the wonderful bits of wisdom that come over the list.  I also think that this may be somewhat Carrollian: to poke witty fun at absurd premises and conclusions.  I wonder what LC would have done if would have had to deal with this type of "stuff"?  I guess we get some idea, when we look at his dealings with circle-squarers.

      Ms. Henderson,

       I do not send you anything.  If you happen to receive my postings, it is likely because you are part of the Yahoo LC discussion group.  So if you have a beef, please take it up with someone else.  I am not in charge of deciding who does and and who doesn't receive these mails.  It may help if you switch the subject heading of your complaint post, otherwise people may think that you are actually participating in this "debate."  You aren't, are you?

      All best,

      Fernando

      Message 95 of 95 , Sep 23, 2009
        On 23 Sep 2009, at 14:15, Deb wrote:

        > Having lived through the apocalyptic dust storm that blew fine red
        > dust all over Sydney, I now know what the White Knight meant by the
        > wind being as strong as soup!

        I saw it on TV. It looked like Mars.