Melanie Benjamin

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
      HI Melanie

      What is your book about? I've been out of touch...Jenny
    • Melanie Benjamin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
        Hi Jenny!  Thanks for asking - it's historical fiction, 80-year-old Alice Liddell Hargreaves looking back at her life, including, of course, her childhood friendship with Charles Dodgson and how that affected everything that came after.  It's about her efforts to escape from, and ultimately embrace, being Alice in Wonderland, for better and for worse.

        It's fiction, I must emphasize!  And told entirely through Alice's point of view.  It'll be out on December 29, published by Delacorte Press (a division of Random House).  I just got my cover - I think it's gorgeous! - and have a placeholder website up, until the actual one is designed- www.melaniebenjamin.com.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2009
          Have just looked - lovely cover - sounds very interesting and I will buy a copy!

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 4, 2009
            The 'Alice' story is 147 years old today. At Eccleston near St.Helens the Daresbury 'Alice' will be opening an exhibition at 1.00 pm at a small museum near to the Village Hall - all are welcome. It runs from now until August.

            Keith W

          • Melanie Benjamin
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 4, 2009
              Thank you, Jenny!  I do love the cover, also!