amos judd

  • MITCHELL LOCKS
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
      In Lewis Carroll's soritesis puzzle in his book symbolic logic there appears a person named Amos Judd. I have obtained a solution of this puzzle from Carroll's seven premises. Based on this solution I conclude that if Amos Judd existed, he was a policeman on "this" beat, a cousin of Carroll's cook and "supped" with her, and a long haired poet who loved cold mutton. Th missing link is the word "if" because the solution does not lead to an explicit statement that he did, even though there is a plausible presumption that there really was such a person. I would appreciate it if someone had access to the relevant geneological information. Please do not confuse the name Amos Judd with an 1895 American novel with the same name that morphed into a silent 1922 novie with Valentino.
      Mitchell Locks