Re: Carroll's Handwriting

    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 28 1:12 PM

      Hi Adele

      I suppose you know Derek Hudson got an analyst to look at Carroll's writing in his 1954 biography. I noticed that Hudson's analyst said a number of similar things to the analyst I spoke with. Expressed differently, though.

      Yes, I think the fact that you know who he is which would be bound to influence you.  But it could still be interesting. Re pressure, his pressure is medium. I guess that you also have to look at relative pressure at. beginning and ends of strokes but I wonder if it is possible for someone to take a magnifying glass to an original for you and describe these to you?

      If you do manage to get someone with access to original letters to help you then I would love to see your results.

      By the way there are some analyses online. http://www.psychicviewpoints.com/people.html    is ridiculous because it looks at the printing he did for "AAUG" as if it was his everyday writing. Duh.  I also believe that the book about Carroll being Jack the Ripper had a handwriting analysis in it. I can't remember the book very well, as it was so nutty, so also can't remember what the analysis "proved". Maybe someone  has a copy and can let us know?
      Jenny
      Read my Lewis Carroll blog! www.jabberwock.co.uk/blog