Truth

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 12:44 AM
      The more I try to pin down truth, (any kind of truth) the more
      difficult it becomes to do so. It's like trying to find the exact value
      of pi! It seems to me that AIW is the book it is because Carroll felt
      like writing it. The idea that he did not know what he was doing, is
      is part of its charm and interest for me.

      My observation of his work suggests that the minute he was trying
      to put an idea over, his stories fell to pieces. I myself believe that
      one of the things that makes his best work so good is the fact that he
      felt free to write what he wanted, instead of what he thought he ought
      to write.

      Jenny
    • Robert Cubinelli
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 2:42 AM
        Freedom to write what one wants to write is the essence of good writing.

        Robert.

        "When the going gets tuff, the tuff get going!"