Kate Lyon

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
      Is this still the Kate Lyon memorial group?
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
        Jenny,

        the home page has been changed so I guess not. Kate needs no memorial though those who knew her still remember her friendship as if it was yesterday.

        The messages are not accessible and the site appears to be not working as it should. Either that or I'm blocked on it!

        Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 2:57 PM
        Subject: [lewiscarroll] Kate Lyon

        Is this still the Kate Lyon memorial group?

      • Michael Everson
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
          At 15:17 +0100 2008-06-01, Keith wrote:

          >the home page has been changed so I guess not.

          I changed it, but I changed it from "Now under new management!" to
          what it is now.

          >Kate needs no memorial though those who knew her still remember her
          >friendship as if it was yesterday.

          Sorry to everyone. No disrespect to Kate's memory was intended,
          though I did not know here.

          >The messages are not accessible and the site appears to be not
          >working as it should. Either that or I'm blocked on it!

          I had set them to "members only" but have now made them open to everyone.
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
            Michael,

            the site seems to be OK now - as you say. I guess I just wasn't on the list anymore! I'm not sure now what is going on, there seems to be some strange messages on there.

            Kate was a lovely person - an ideas person. She used to spin ideas at me and many of them were extremely good. She believed LC went to Llandudno and we spent hours chasing up leads! She wasn't so hot on the geography of England though, she wanted to go to Lincoln from our house at Cheshire and said she'd get the bus and be back that evening! I said that if she did she would be lucky even to get there by that evening - I took her in the car! I'd say you missed out not knowing Kate - there's nobody else like her. Kate never mentioned her legacy to me except that it was her work and her son John. I've published some of the work in the Daresbury Chronicle and I'll publish more if I have it, that's her memorial I'd say.

            Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 6:31 PM
            Subject: Re: [lewiscarroll] Kate Lyon

            --
            Michael Everson * http://www.evertype .com

          • tufail45
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 3, 2008
              Keith, regarding this post, could you please contact me ofline!