Oxford Storypods and Lewis Carroll quotes

  • yoestyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2007
      Following on from my previous email I realise I need to explain who
      Oxford Storypods is. It is an MP3 audiobook publisher consisting of my
      husband and myself and a small troupe of Oxfordshire-based actors. We
      believe that there is a niche for MP3 CD audiobooks and as we live in
      Oxford it was obvious that Lewis Carroll's Alice books should be our
      first titles. It was also important to bring on board the many talented
      actors we have here to be the voices for the fascinating characters
      Carroll created. It has been hard work but a worthwhile project and we
      are proud of what has been achieved.

      While producing Alice in Wonderland,I found myself immersed in anything
      to do with Lewis Carroll. In this highly attuned state, it was amazing
      to notice how much is quoted from the Alice books without attribution,
      taking for granted that the origins are known to everyone: e.g.Kate
      Atkinson in Behind the Scenes at the Museum quotes 'Down, down, down'
      followed by a paraphrasing of Carroll's words which I am unable to set
      down here as I don't have a copy of the book to hand. Lynne Truss, in
      Making the Cat Laugh, refers to herself saying 'Which way? Which way?'
      with hand on head. There must be many more examples out there. Liz Y.