Re: [lewiscarroll] Re: Carroll and "minorities"

  • Joe Soap
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2007
      Dear Jenny,
      You say that LC's family were all but religious fanatics.  Do you mean that they were fanatics by 21st century standards or by the standards of their own age?  Did other people regard them as fanatics at the time?  I wonder in what form their fanaticism evidenced itself.

      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 2, 2007
        --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, Joe Soap <oldjoesoap@...> wrote:

        > Dear Jenny,
        > You say that LC's family were all but religious fanatics. Do you
        mean that they were fanatics by 21st century standards or by the
        standards of their own age? Did other people regard them as fanatics
        at the time? I wonder in what form their fanaticism evidenced itself.
        Oh definitely by the standards of today. I think they were a pretty
        normal clerical family of their time, and I know of nobody who
        considered them fanatical.