Re: [lewiscarroll] I would need some help

  • Anil Mahabir
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2007
      Keith, you are the man to help Vera. If iImay bet on it rather the West Indies or English cricket teams...not to mention India and pakistan.

      We Indian Hindus here in Trinidad are peaceful by nature and we do not condone any act of terrorism in whatever form. We just like our curry. I see curry is catching on in USA too: tandoori and garam masala.

      Laterz Kiddo.

      My daughter has her A' Level exams soon ...cannot come to England until later in the year.

      Keep well

      From: "Vera Costa" <veracosta01@ yahoo.com. ar>

      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2007
        I would help if I had something specific to go on. I think the idea should come from the author and then folk can help. There are just to many options to look at and until she narrows these down then it is impossible to say much.

        From: "Vera Costa" <veracosta01@ yahoo.com. ar>
        > Hello, my name is Vera and I am from Argentina
        >
        > I have to write a paper for a Linguistics course I am doing (in English), and as
        > a Lewis Carroll lover, I would like to somehow link Alice to the subject.
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > thank you in advance and best regards,
        > Vera

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • Vera Costa
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2007
          This is my problem, Keith: I would love to write about sooooo many things. Anyway, my first choice was something to do with Jabberwocky and word-formation, grammatical vs ungrammatical... I have also thought about the feeling I have when reading Carroll that "words are like puppets, but sometimes they do whatever they want"
          The more I think, the less I can make up my mind...

          Thank you everybody for your attention!!!!

          From: "Vera Costa" <veracosta01@ yahoo.com. ar>
          > Hello, my name is Vera and I am from Argentina
          >
          > I have to write a paper for a Linguistics course I am doing (in English), and as
          > a Lewis Carroll lover, I would like to somehow link Alice to the subject.
          > Any suggestions?
          >
          > thank you in advance and best regards,
          > Vera

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.