ALICE IN SUNDERLAND - brilliant!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      I've been reading Bryan Talbot's "Alice in Sunderland" and was
      totally won over after the first few pages. It's fun, well drawn and
      witty. Not just for Carroll fans - I can already think of someone else
      I am going to buy a copy for: she appreciates the graphic arts, is not
      even a particular fan of Carroll. There's a lot to look at on every
      page, with unexpected information and visual references. For instance,
      I never knew the Sunderland Empire was haunted by Sid James, and I was
      glad to spot Teacher from the Bash St. Kids giving a lecture to
      Neanderthals ...

      It's a great mad sparkling surrealist romp, in short. You can probably
      buy on Bryan's website (??)

      Jenny Woolf