Essay about Italian translations of Alice (in Italian)

  • Adele Cammarata
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2007
      Dear List,
      It's a long time since I wrote last time, but I keep on reading you all!
      I'd like you to know that I've published my thesis work, revised, corrected and updated: you can download it _free_ at Lulu.com: http://www.lulu.com/content/614827

      For the occasion, I gave it a new title: "La Gran natica dell'Aringa", that is a pun from an Italian translation of AIW. My thesis title was "I giochi di parole in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Traduzioni italiane a confronto".
      The main core of this essay is that translating Alice (and all kinds of text where language prevails on things) is a recreation of a world. Moreover, with this work I tried to start a germinal study about Comparative Children's Literature - a subject that in Italy is not very well accepted yet. The most interesting part is the corpus, where 8 AlW translations are compared and analized.

      I know Italian is not a common language here, but I hope someone may be interested and exchange ideas about it.

      I hope that Moderator will not reject this message as "advertising" :-) after all, it's for free!

      Let me know!

      Adele
      Faccine GRATIS per le tue e-mail! Clicca qui!
    • EDWIN SALAS
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2007
        For to talk abour italian version of  "Alice in the Wonderland" my favorite version its the version of Aldo Busi, this translation in the introduction talk about the relations of Lewis Caroll with the childs, its the inspiration for a performance for adults withs puppets we make.

        The performance talk about the son of Alice -its no real- talk about the history of your mom, this performance its a little window in the world of sexual abuse to childs, if you want  to see the site of the performance

        Italian :

        Spanish

        Sorry i don't have the info in english

        Edwin