Spam - virus associated with the group?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2006
      In the past when I have posted to this group I have got a failure
      notice from "nights <at> external.lon.ac.uk" and "diana_new" (don't
      have the exact address)
      .
      I seem to remember other people did too and the moderator couldn't
      figure out what the problem was.

      I am now getting these failure notices from "nights..." even though
      I haven't posted to the group. The messages in them are spam. Is
      this a problem for anyone else?

      The details indicate that the messages originate from Messagelabs,
      which I believe also handles Yahoo. If so is there a possiblity that
      someone may have hijacked Messagelab - Yahoo's addresses?

      There seems the potential for a lot of damage if so.

      Anyone got any ideas? Moderator?

      Jenny