Re: From an Island

  • annoxford
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
      Matt,
      I can read your frustration with unanswered questions.
      You are always welcome to email members privately or ask them to
      email you when you have questions.
      Mike had asked very politely, but perhaps not forcefully enough to
      end the thread. So that is why I stepped in to moderate.
      If your questions don't "debate" the same thread, you can simply
      start a new title for your questions.
      I hope that might help you get the information you need.
      Oh, and though I know you said no excuses. I'm sure Karoline will
      answer when she can. She is very busy on many projects including
      further productions of her play.
      Thank you for your patience.
      AnnOxford
      moderator

      --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, DOYLE60@... wrote:

      > I get this list in digest form and have limited time to answer.
      I sometimes
      > take a day to think about things. I do pop in to the site,
      however, and see
      > recent posts. My two last posts were sent before seeing the
      moderator end
      > the discussion.
      >
      > Some things:
      >
      > First, it is not fair to end things so drastically when people get
      the list
      > in digest form. As Mike wisely suggested when he first brought up
      ending the
      > list, last comments are best called for.
      >
      > Second, it seems a bit odd to me that it only takes getting out of
      line by
      > ONE person to have a topic ended.
      >
      > Third, I do wish to hear from Karoline again. You haven't given
      her space
      > by ending the conversation in such a way. I don't want to hear
      excuses about
      > her not responding.
      >
      > Fourth, consider the idea that this list only looks to be censored
      by ending
      > this topic, especially when the one person calling for it is the
      one person
      > who is rude and the one person that owns the list.
      >
      > Allow others to have final words... obviously. Especially
      Karoline.