From an Island

  • DOYLE60@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 3:59 AM
      I get this list in digest form and have limited time to answer.  I sometimes take a day to think about things.  I do pop in to the site, however, and see recent posts.  My two last posts were sent before seeing the moderator end the discussion.

      Some things:

      First, it is not fair to end things so drastically when people get the list in digest form.  As Mike wisely suggested when he first brought up ending the list, last comments are best called for.

      Second, it seems a bit odd to me that it only takes getting out of line by ONE person to have a topic ended.

      Third, I do wish to hear from Karoline again.  You haven't given her space by ending the conversation in such a way.  I don't want to hear excuses about her not responding.

      Fourth, consider the idea that this list only looks to be censored by ending this topic, especially when the one person calling for it is the one person who is rude and the one person that owns the list.

      Allow others to have final words... obviously.  Especially Karoline.

      Also, allow other strands like the ones I suggested.  I wish to continue on some non-contentious issues.

      Thanks,

      Matt

    • annoxford
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5 10:28 AM
        Matt,
        I can read your frustration with unanswered questions.
        You are always welcome to email members privately or ask them to
        email you when you have questions.
        Mike had asked very politely, but perhaps not forcefully enough to
        end the thread. So that is why I stepped in to moderate.
        If your questions don't "debate" the same thread, you can simply
        start a new title for your questions.
        I hope that might help you get the information you need.
        Oh, and though I know you said no excuses. I'm sure Karoline will
        answer when she can. She is very busy on many projects including
        further productions of her play.
        Thank you for your patience.
        AnnOxford
        moderator