Re: [lewiscarroll] Heron

  • Keith Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2006
      Ian,

      it's nothing to do with the bird of the same name!

      George Heron was a friend of CLD's father and also the person who baptised
      CLD in July 1832.

      He lived in Moore Hall near to Daresbury and was the son of an army man,
      general I think, called Peter Heron. He eventually became a canon of
      Chester Cathedral.

      I've got more info on him if you are researching the subject. Just ask off
      list.