Re: [lewiscarroll] Edwin Dodgson

  • Joe Soap
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
      EDWIN HERON DODGSON, born June 30, 1846, Darlington.
      Died November 2, 1918, at the Chestnuts, Guildford.  He is buried in Mount Cemetery, Guildford

       He spent fifteen years as the chaplain to the Tristan Da Cunha islanders from 1881 to 1896 -commemorated by three Tristan Da Cunha stamps in 1981.

      egwin2001 <egwin2001@...> wrote:
      Please can anyone direct me to a brief biographical details of Edwin
      Dodgson - CLD's youngest brother? In articular where is he buried?

      Many thanks

      Ian

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
        Very interesting, Ian. I am wondering whether the letters you quote
        from, from Edwin, are in print anywhere? Jenny
      • Ian Gomersall
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
          Thanks Jenny. I'd need to carefully look up my notes and references for that. However I know some of his letters were quoted in Edward Cannan's interesting work 'Churches of the South Atlantic Islands'...
          (This covers, among other places, St Helena and Tristan)

          Best wishes
          Ian

          PS You can see a Latvian translation of Alice on eBay at present (my parish is auctioning it). Generous bids welcomed! You can access via:
          http://tinyurl.com/4geg8       E bay Item number:  150087013212

          On 2/3/07, jenny2write <woolf@... > wrote:

          Very interesting, Ian. I am wondering whether the letters you quote
          from, from Edwin, are in print anywhere? Jenny

          __._