Edwin Dodgson

  • egwin2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
      Please can anyone direct me to a brief biographical details of Edwin
      Dodgson - CLD's youngest brother? In articular where is he buried?

      Many thanks

      Ian
    • Joe Soap
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
        EDWIN HERON DODGSON, born June 30, 1846, Darlington.
        Died November 2, 1918, at the Chestnuts, Guildford.  He is buried in Mount Cemetery, Guildford

         He spent fifteen years as the chaplain to the Tristan Da Cunha islanders from 1881 to 1896 -commemorated by three Tristan Da Cunha stamps in 1981.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
          Very interesting, Ian. I am wondering whether the letters you quote
          from, from Edwin, are in print anywhere? Jenny
        • Ian Gomersall
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
            Thanks Jenny. I'd need to carefully look up my notes and references for that. However I know some of his letters were quoted in Edward Cannan's interesting work 'Churches of the South Atlantic Islands'...
            (This covers, among other places, St Helena and Tristan)

            Best wishes
            Ian

            PS You can see a Latvian translation of Alice on eBay at present (my parish is auctioning it). Generous bids welcomed! You can access via:
            http://tinyurl.com/4geg8       E bay Item number:  150087013212

            On 2/3/07, jenny2write <woolf@... > wrote:

            Very interesting, Ian. I am wondering whether the letters you quote
            from, from Edwin, are in print anywhere? Jenny

            __._