Re: [lewiscarroll] best wishes from Adele

  • Keith Wright
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2005
      Tony,

      I think that was what we thought at the time! It is possible that there are people around in Lyndhurst who do not have pleasant memories of the Hargreaves family and certainly when Alice was there she did not make anything of her connection with the story. I cannopt see it being related to Alice's granddaughter as she is in Twekesbury.

      It may be worth your while writing to the Vicar though in case attitudes have changed since 2001.  I did not probe too deeply at the time as it was obvious that we had touched a nerve with it.

      Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:39 AM
      Subject: Re: [lewiscarroll] best wishes from Adele

      What a strange attitude for a family to take. I would be overjoyed if someone wished to maintain my mothers grave.
      Tony