Re: [lewiscarroll] Re: Oxford DNB life of the day: The origins of Wonderland

  • BRYAN TALBOT
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6 6:31 AM
      > Okay, you have forty minutes. Answer at least two of
      > the questions,
      > using diagrams and colored pencils if needed. Do not
      > attempt to write
      > on both sides of the paper at once

      Ha! 1066 & all that.

      Thanks, Mike. I thought that something had been
      unearthed that I'd heard about.

      But if the "break" was all on LC's side, why did Mrs
      liddell burn his letters to Alice? And wasn't the
      "Alice proposal" theory confirmed by Caryl Hargreaves
      (though I'd list him as an unreliable witness)?

      Didn't the "banishment" coincide with a rift between
      LC and the Dean over university policy? Perhaps that
      was the reason for the freeze in relations?

      Bryan
    • BRYAN TALBOT
      Message 2 of 9 , May 6 6:33 AM

        > Thanks, Mike. I thought that something had been
        > unearthed that I'd heard about.

        Of course, that should have read "I thought that
        something had been unearthed that I HADN'T heard
        about."!

        Bryan