Oxford pictures

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1 12:01 AM
      This sounds fishy to me. Stay clear. What's up with someone who can't
      manage to get one picture out of 100 right?
      Jenny Woolf
      LEWIS CARROLL IN HIS OWN ACCOUNT
      www.jabberwock.co.uk
    • mikeindex2001
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1 12:22 AM
        People - Judith has been a member of this list for some time and she
        doesn't deserve this kind of rudeness because she asks for some pics
        of Oxford. Get a grip please and remember this is a public forum.

        Judith, I apologise for the comments made, and hope Keith can manage
        to help you with your pics.

        cheers

        Mike
      • RICHARD ANTHONY
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1 4:59 AM
          As I said its virtually impossible nowadays to screw a
          photo up.Everything possible has been done to make
          cameras totally idiot proof and now with a digital you
          can see what you took anyway.You can take them off
          yourself by pointing the camera backwards more
          succesfully than on a time exposure-nothing is now
          impossible
          --- jenny2write <woolf@...> wrote:
          ---------------------------------

          This sounds fishy to me. Stay clear. What's up with
          someone who can't
          manage to get one picture out of 100 right?
          Jenny Woolf
          LEWIS CARROLL IN HIS OWN ACCOUNT
          www.jabberwock.co.uk

          visit our homepage at:

          Terms of Service.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1 5:03 AM
            --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "mikeindex2001" <Mike@l...> wrote:

            > People - Judith has been a member of this list for some time and she
            > doesn't deserve this kind of rudeness because she asks for some pics
            > of Oxford. Get a grip please and remember this is a public forum.
            >
            > Judith, I apologise for the comments made, and hope Keith can manage
            > to help you with your pics.
            >
            > cheers
            >
            > Mike
            If Judith is really a bone fide member, then I apologise too. But
            surely anyone who wants information should not say anything vague like
            they need pictures to illustrate "the 'truth'in AiW." without giving
            us a bit of an idea about what "thr truth" is. Unfortunately we are all
            familiar with theories about LC being a murder, paedophile or other
            sorts of criminal, how do we know she isn't writing something really
            horrible for our pictures to be used with? And I still find it hard to
            imagine how someone could take 100 pictures that don't work. More
            comprehensible I suppose if she used up 3 rolls of film that came out
            blank, but if it is a digital camera then it almost defies belief....
            Just too many fishy people post on lists I guess. Sorry Judith if you
            were bona fide. Jenny
          • Keith Wright
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1 7:53 AM
              Jenny,

              it was just the combination of the request coming on 1st April and her
              losing 100 pictures that made you think it was a wind up - these things
              happen!

              However, as a photographer I know it is possible to lose pictures. They
              disappear directly in relationship to how important they are to you - it's
              an unwritten law. If you don't believe me then volunteer to take the
              pictures at a wedding!

              If Judith is still about and still wants the pics she can contact me off
              list. Some of my pics actually have Alices on them!

              >> People - Judith has been a member of this list for some time and she
              >> doesn't deserve this kind of rudeness because she asks for some pics
              >> of Oxford. Get a grip please and remember this is a public forum.
              >>
              >> Judith, I apologise for the comments made, and hope Keith can manage
              >> to help you with your pics.
              >>
              >> cheers
              >>
              >> Mike
              > If Judith is really a bone fide member, then I apologise too. But
              > surely anyone who wants information should not say anything vague like
              > they need pictures to illustrate "the 'truth'in AiW." without giving
              > us a bit of an idea about what "thr truth" is. Unfortunately we are all
              > familiar with theories about LC being a murder, paedophile or other
              > sorts of criminal, how do we know she isn't writing something really
              > horrible for our pictures to be used with? And I still find it hard to
              > imagine how someone could take 100 pictures that don't work. More
              > comprehensible I suppose if she used up 3 rolls of film that came out
              > blank, but if it is a digital camera then it almost defies belief....
              > Just too many fishy people post on lists I guess. Sorry Judith if you
              > were bona fide. Jenny
              >

              > visit our homepage at:

            • Judith
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 3 1:08 AM
                Oh my God!!!
                I am sorry, it wasn't my intention to cause any problems.
                I used so few words because my English isn't THAT good and I was
                afraid of making mistakes. And... I didn't realise it was the 1st of
                April! Here in Holland it still was 31th of march.
                Now, I'll explain everything (don't mind my english)
                My name is Judith, I'm Dutch and a few years ago I wrote a paper for
                university about the dutch translations of AiW. My professor was so
                happy about it that he send it to a literary magazine that talks
                about children's literature. It was published and after that I
                really got interested in AiW and in writing articles.
                Now I sent my article to a fantasy-magazine with the question if I
                could write another article for them about AiW. In that magazine
                they have a column about 'fantasy-voyages' and they thought it would
                be nice to have an article about a trip to Oxford with information
                about the Alice-related places (that's what I meant with 'the truth
                of AiW).
                So I went to Oxford three days to make picures (and to have a
                weekend off). I really liked Oxford and everything. It was also my
                first time to GB, so it was really special to me. I had borrowed my
                brother's digital camera because the magazine wanted to have the
                picuters right away via email. I never used a digital camera before,
                but my brother convinced me that I only had to press the button
                but... the camera was adjusted wrongly. It was adjusted that way
                that I could make pictures only within a metre (at least I think it
                was). On the camera's screen they looked quite good, but in the
                computer and printed out they were all blurred... So, that's the
                reason they ALL came out wrongly... :-(
                I cried a lot, but that didn't really help...

                Now the magazine is still waiting for pictures. I found a few on the
                internet, but they aren't really suitable 'cause they are too
                little. Then I thought of asking it here...

                I hope this will explain everything.

                xxxJudith

                (my profile) http://profiles.yahoo.com/giudycat

                --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Wright" <keith@c...>

              • mikeindex2001
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 3 1:19 AM
                  Judith - Your English is a lot better than my Dutch!

                  I apologise again for the intense response you got, I am sure
                  everyone can now see you are not a paedophile in disguise! I hope you
                  manage to obtain some replacement pictures, and good luck with the
                  project.

                  cheers
                  Mike

                  --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Judith" <giudycat@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > wrote:
                  > > Jenny,
                  > >
                  > > it was just the combination of the request coming on 1st April
                  and
                  > her
                  > > losing 100 pictures that made you think it was a wind up - these
                  > things
                  > > happen!
                  > >
                  > > However, as a photographer I know it is possible to lose
                  > pictures. They
                  > > disappear directly in relationship to how important they are to
                  > you - it's
                  > > an unwritten law. If you don't believe me then volunteer to take
                  > the
                  > > pictures at a wedding!
                  > >
                  > > If Judith is still about and still wants the pics she can contact
                  > me off
                  > > list. Some of my pics actually have Alices on them!

                • Keith Wright
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 3 1:48 AM
                    Mike/Judith,

                    Judith you have caused no problems and Mike it was the last thing in my mind
                    to think that any picture of Ch.Ch. could be used in the way you suggest!
                    My pictures often have the girls dressed as Alice on them for the simple
                    reason that showing them Ch.Ch. is part of their LC education - they
                    represent Daresbury at fetes etc. and would not volunteer for the job if
                    they did not want their photograph taken in Alice costume! I am not one of
                    the people who thinks everyone pointing a camera at a child is doing so for
                    dubious reasons, the whole thing is getting out of hand. Let's call a halt
                    to this now and I will send Judith her pictures.

> [...]
                    >> wrote:
                    >> > Jenny,
                    >> >
                    >> > it was just the combination of the request coming on 1st April
                    > and
                    >> her
                    >> > losing 100 pictures that made you think it was a wind up - these
                    >> things
                    >> > happen!
                    >> >
                    >> > However, as a photographer I know it is possible to lose
                    >> pictures. They
                    >> > disappear directly in relationship to how important they are to
                    >> you - it's
                    >> > an unwritten law. If you don't believe me then volunteer to take
                    >> the
                    >> > pictures at a wedding!
                    >> >
                    >> > If Judith is still about and still wants the pics she can contact
                    >> me off
                    >> > list. Some of my pics actually have Alices on them!

                  • RICHARD ANTHONY
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 3 5:37 AM
                      Well we'd better start agin.She convinced me and I
                      don't reckon her English was that bad.But then a
                      stupid language like ours can throw anybody.I can also
                      see why a digital camera could be difficult for a
                      beginner-you need to study the manual first.
                      The so called @truth in...@ sounds real interesting as
                      we have had at least 3 terrible books on Alice and the
                      so called @Truth@ but this idea sounds like a new take
                      on the subject and the kind of thing would appeal to
                      me.I'm still trying to get hold of Alice On The Moon
                      which is another the Americans keep to themselves---

                      ---------------------------------

                      wrote:

                      > >> People - Judith has been a member of this list
                      for some time
                      and she
                      > >> doesn't deserve this kind of rudeness because she
                      asks for some
                      pics
                      > >> of Oxford. Get a grip please and remember this is
                      a public
                      forum.

                      > >> Judith, I apologise for the comments made, and
                      hope Keith can
                      manage
                      > >> to help you with your pics.
                      > >>
                      > >> cheers
                      > >>
                      > >> Mike
                      > > If Judith is really a bone fide member, then I
                      apologise too. But
                      > > surely anyone who wants information should not say
                      anything
                      vague like
                      > > they need pictures to illustrate "the 'truth'in
                      AiW." without
                      giving
                      > > us a bit of an idea about what "thr truth" is.
                      Unfortunately we
                      are all
                      > > familiar with theories about LC being a murder,
                      paedophile or
                      other
                      > > sorts of criminal, how do we know she isn't
                      writing something
                      really
                      > > horrible for our pictures to be used with? And I
                      still find it
                      hard to
                      > > imagine how someone could take 100 pictures that
                      don't work. More
                      > > comprehensible I suppose if she used up 3 rolls of
                      film that
                      came out
                      > > blank, but if it is a digital camera then it
                      almost defies
                      belief....
                      > > Just too many fishy people post on lists I guess.
                      Sorry Judith
                      if you
                      > > were bona fide. Jenny
                      > >

                      > > visit our homepage at: